Talk

Advanced search

New new book swap

(334 Posts)
Mariqui Thu 05-May-16 21:51:04

Having recently missed the chance to be a part of a new bookswap, I am just wondering if there is anyone else who would like to start up a new one with me?

Mariqui Sat 04-Jun-16 20:18:27

No problem iloveredwine. We should probably limit numbers there then so not too much chaos occurs.

JennyWreny Sat 04-Jun-16 20:33:33

Is the plan to send on the book on the same date each month? So would 12ish be a good number?

Mariqui Sat 04-Jun-16 20:44:41

Yes JennyWreny that's right. Happy to do the 12th if I can get everyone's addresses and books in time! We all send a book and chocolates to one person and then forward the book we receive onwards the following month, so that everyone ultimately gets to read all of the books.

iloveredwine Sat 04-Jun-16 20:51:01

Thank you. Can I send a message from the app or just on the full site?

Mariqui Sat 04-Jun-16 21:03:21

Think you should be able to do it from the app iloveredwine. There's a button on the top right of messages which says message poster - do you have that?

iloveredwine Sat 04-Jun-16 21:05:55

No nothing showing???

JennyWreny Sat 04-Jun-16 21:30:04

Sorry, I meant 12 members to swap books smile

JennyWreny Sat 04-Jun-16 21:31:24

So if it was once a month swap it would take a year or have I got that wrong blush

iloveredwine Sat 04-Jun-16 21:34:53

Is there any specific types of books not wanted or is chic lit etc ok?

Mariqui Sat 04-Jun-16 21:41:10

Not particularly JennyWreny, we just all put a new book in if everyone wants to after the first rotation. I'm happy to stay open to more people for a while, but don't want to get to big as that makes it all a bit more complicated and more chance for things to go wrong.

Iloveredwine consensus so far is that all books are welcome other than abuse stories and horrors.

JennyWreny Sat 04-Jun-16 21:56:53

Ah, that makes sense. I'll PM you now. Are we using the same code for the names of books as the other book swap (initials of title BY initials of author) or would you like the full name?

Mariqui Sat 04-Jun-16 22:10:27

Either works for me

Greenyogagirl Sun 05-Jun-16 11:26:57

I think we should use initials of author and title so op gets a surprise every month too X

Mariqui Sun 05-Jun-16 12:31:06

Initials are fine, if I have any repeat initials I will then ask for confirmation of full title etc to make sure we don't have any overlap.

Thanks to those of you who have already sent over details!

Mariqui Sun 05-Jun-16 15:31:10

Thanks greenyogagirl - all received.

desperatelyseekingcaffeine Sun 05-Jun-16 17:09:58

I've just decanted most of my books to my parents while getting house ready for no2s arrival so just need to check mon or tues that the right book is there!

KeithLeMonde Sun 05-Jun-16 20:19:23

Do you still want me or have you got 12? I don't mind either way smile Always room for more books and chocolate

KeithLeMonde Sun 05-Jun-16 20:31:55

One suggestion from the other thread was to choose a book that you have enjoyed but that is not a huge best seller or very well known. So that the chances are that most of the books going round are ones that people haven't read, rather than "Gone Girl" or "Bridget Jones' Diary" or whatever.

Mariqui Sun 05-Jun-16 21:50:06

No problem Desperatelyseekingcaffeine that's absolutely fine. Happy either way KeithLeMonde,, if you want more books and chocolate then you are most welcome!

acsec Sun 05-Jun-16 21:52:32

Is it too late to join? I was only thinking this morning that I'd like to be involved in another book swap.

jobnockey Sun 05-Jun-16 22:09:06

Ooo, exciting - I need to decide which book to send! I read most things but please no chick lit!

will Pm you imminently mariqui.

just to clarify - we'll send 1st books on 12th June?

Mariqui Sun 05-Jun-16 22:38:57

Thanks jobnockey. PM received!

Yes, the plan is to send there or thereabouts, but it does depend on me receiving everyone's details in time! Last deadline for sending details will be the 9th to make sure we have no crossovers.

No acsec, it's not too late - as long as I have your details by the 9th June you are welcome!

Mariqui Tue 07-Jun-16 16:03:29

Just a quick bump - if you haven't already sent over details and want to be involved, please do so before the 9th June! Thanks!

Mariqui Wed 08-Jun-16 14:24:03

Hi everyone,

I now have details for:
Acsec
Jobnockey
Iloveredwine
Greenyogagirl
Desperatelyseekingcaffeine
JennyWreny

If anyone else wants in, speak now!

I will be sending out details of who is sending where on Friday evening. I have belatedly realised that the 12th is a Sunday, so send day will be 13th (or thereabouts!!) we are including chocolate to the value of £2.50.

JennyWreny Wed 08-Jun-16 15:45:42

Oh no! Have we lost some people before we've even started! I still need to go chocolate chocolate chocolate shopping.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: