Our "lovely" book swap is now closed again and off we go for 2011.

(490 Posts)
PositiveAttitude Sat 01-Jan-11 13:10:36

Just setting us up.

Are you thinking of your books that you might be putting in? I will have a look and post mine within the next few days. - I will try harder than my awful one from last time, that none of you liked. blush

aliciaflorrick Fri 02-Mar-12 07:32:34

TONIGHT, HERE, 8.30.

We will be discussing:-

The Sealed Letter
New York
Bloodstream

I don't know why I've typed this, this thread has fallen off all your threads I'm on so you won't see it.

Has anyone started I am Legend? It's brilliant. Can't believe I've avoided it for years because I watched the film and thought it was OK but nothing special. The book is so much better than the film.

PositiveAttitude Fri 02-Mar-12 13:39:12

Marking spot. See you later! grin

aliciaflorrick Fri 02-Mar-12 16:51:47

I've created a thread off the beaten track for our convo. It should be here.

First chat of the year

aliciaflorrick Wed 21-Mar-12 07:34:21

BOOK FOR APRIL - The Crying Tree - downloadable from Amazon for £3.99.

Is everyone around at the end of the month for a chat about I Am Legend?

jamaisjedors Wed 21-Mar-12 07:39:50

Hello hello, just popping in to wave at everyone. I didn't get a kindle and am not going to yet, but when I do I'll be back to join you all.

I still have a couple of books belonging to people too - Brian Keenan, and Attention all Shipping. Can the owners pm me so I can return them?

Hope you are all ok.
love

aliciaflorrick Wed 21-Mar-12 13:22:32

Hi JJ I was thinking about you earlier, maybe you'd like to join us for April's book we're all buying it from Amazon this month and the paperback version is only £3.49 it's The Crying Tree by Naseem Rakha, and then maybe for May you could choose a paperback book that you've got that you'd like to read and we'll all try and get a copy of it and join in.

I'm the owner of the Brian Keenan book by the way.

jamaisjedors Wed 21-Mar-12 13:33:48

Hi alicia, will send the book back to you then. I'll see if I can get hold of that book - although the reviews say it's similar to Jodi Picoult who I have a bit of a mental block about!

Thanks for thinking of me.

Is there a link to the choice of free kindle books that you are all using? Because I could choose one I fancy from there and get it and read it.

I'll be interested to hear what you all have to say about The crying tree.

aliciaflorrick Wed 21-Mar-12 16:17:03

Well I've actually started The Crying Tree and until you mentioned the Jodi Picoult thing it hadn't occurred to me, although I suppose now I think about it, it could be a subject matter she would choose. I haven't found this to be as cringeworthy sentimental as Picoult but I'm only about a quarter of the way through.

If you can get a copy of this month's book, I Am Legend it's a great read, I think we're all enjoying it.

If you PM me with an email address I'll send you a link for our list of books - although sometimes if you suggest a book that isn't on the list I can sometimes find it - particularly if it's a "more popular" book.

aliciaflorrick Thu 22-Mar-12 19:44:23

Is everyone available on Friday 30th March for the chat about I Am Legend or do you prefer to wait until after the school holidays?

aliciaflorrick Mon 26-Mar-12 13:19:37

I Am Legend chat 8.30 Friday 30th November. I'll start a thread on the day.

aliciaflorrick Fri 30-Mar-12 16:24:14

Web chat here http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/off_the_beaten_track/1439840-Lovely-mums-I-Am-Legend-Chat

tonight at 8.30.

aliciaflorrick Fri 30-Mar-12 16:24:49

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/off_the_beaten_track/1439840-Lovely-mums-I-Am-Legend-Chat

It's here.

aliciaflorrick Tue 24-Apr-12 11:23:20

JJ I got round to emailing you the other day so hopefully you'll be able to choose a book from the list and jump back in with us.

I propose we get together on Friday 5th May at 8.30 for the discussion about The Crying Tree - does everyone agree?

We need a book for May, so all suggestions gratefully received, otherwise I'll make you all read The Hobbit (which I love but I think it's a bit of a marmite book).

PA are you still around? We haven't heard from you in a while.

aliciaflorrick Tue 24-Apr-12 12:29:38

Sorry I meant Friday 4th May (but was serious about The Hobbit grin).

aliciaflorrick Fri 04-May-12 15:57:50

OK thread created in OTBT - 8.30 tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now