Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage 2 weeks ago, feeling really glum.

(6 Posts)
petunia Thu 30-Jun-05 10:20:27

I'm doing OK a lot of the time but today would have been my 1st scan so that doesn't help (I would have been 13wks pg by now).
I just have 2 questions. I'd already had my booking-in appointment with the midwife so she knew I was pregnant. I was wondering whether anyone had any contact with their midwife after their miscarriage. I've heard nothing. I know I don't really need her now but I think a phone call/ note would have been nice!
Also, can anyone recomend a book on miscarriage. I went into a bookshop yesterday and despite a huge section on pregnancy/birth/childcare, couldn't find anything! Might help me along a bit if I can read something about it.

shelly24 Thu 30-Jun-05 11:00:14

There are some really good books on amazon.co.uk,they have quite a large selection of books at reasonable prices,that can be delivered.
I thought the same as you yesterday,that maybe reading a relavent book would help me alittle.I ended up ordering a couple of books.
Hope this helps..,take care.x

lunachic Thu 30-Jun-05 11:05:23

i had two early miscarriages with not a lot of support(at about four weeks and 10 weeks) i have also had 2 great pregnancies and have two wonderful children. it is a blow petunia- obviously its fairly common to have them but that doesnt ease the pain -dont really know what to say other than hope you feel better soon xx

Arabica Thu 30-Jun-05 12:08:11

Hello and sorry to hear what's happened. For medical information I recommend 'Miscarriage: What every woman needs to know' by Professor Lesley Regan (Orion, £7.99). It reassured me. I also found another book in the library which featured a number of women talking about their experiences, but can't recall what it's called--had a pale blue cover.

HumphreysCorner Thu 30-Jun-05 16:15:22

Petunia

So, so sorry about your MC -mine was just 4 weeks ago so I completely understand what you are going through. You don't have any contact with the midwife afterwards-the EPU even offered to cancel any appointments I had. Why don't you join us on the TTC after a miscarriage thread-everyone is brilliant on there and are really supportive.

{{x}}

Diddle Mon 04-Jul-05 11:45:15

hi, so sorry about your m/c, i never heard from my midwife after either, or the doctors, i was a little shocked that nobody got in touch with me, but to them its quite normal for it to happen, and there is nothing they can do medically for you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: