Talk

Advanced search

Miscarrying but still suffering slight nausea - seems so unfair

(10 Posts)
ClaireDeLoon Tue 03-Nov-09 12:00:20

Feeling very sorry for myself today, my miscarriage was confirmed last Friday and we opted to wait and see if I will miscarry naturally. The bleeding has got heavier but is still mostly heavy spotting with occaisonal light bleeding.

Today I feel so sick and I wonder if I'm just imagining it that it feels the same as the morning sickness nausea did. I assume my hormone levels are falling for the bleeding to be increasing.

It just seems very cruel to be feeling sick at the same time as miscarrying

raspberrytart Tue 03-Nov-09 13:17:16

Sorry you are feeling like this CDL, try to take it easy and look after yourself.
I started bleeding on sat night and have got a scan on Friday,when i will be 7 weeks -the waiting is awful.I have no idea what to expect or when to expect it -(if it is bad news).
Hope you are feeling better soon.

kissmummy Tue 03-Nov-09 13:52:28

hi claire - this is quite normal, sadly. it's because your pregnancy hormones haven't subsided yet. i had about a week of pregnancy symptoms - heartburn, nausea etc - after my most recent miscarriage was confirmed, and that was about two weeks after the embryo had died, so it does go on a bit. you don't say how far along you were...the further along, i imagine, the longer it will take for the symptoms to subside, but i'm not a medic.

ClaireDeLoon Tue 03-Nov-09 14:51:53

Thanks raspberrytart and kissmummy - I was 8+3 when it was confirmed last Friday and the scan showed no development since about 6 weeks. I'd had my beta hcg done a week or two before and it was high for how far along I was so I guess it makes sense if it was higher it has further (and longer) to fall.

Raspberry good luck for your second scan, it's horrible waiting but there are some good stories out there so take heart and take care.

MiniMarmite Wed 04-Nov-09 14:57:09

I'm so sorry Claire, it does seem such an additional blow doesn't it? I've had 2 mmcs and it was the same with both and I found it quite distressing(less so with the second one). My second one was very similar to yours - 8+3 and no dev since 6.5 weeks. I had my D&C 2 weeks ago and I still have some mild sickness but it is subsiding.

I had a D&C in both cases and the sickness persisted after for several weeks. Maybe it helps to think of it as a reminder to look take care and be good to yourself? I'm finding that helps a bit.

Raspberrytart - keeping my fingers crossed for you.

raspberrytart Fri 06-Nov-09 16:59:55

I had a scan this morning and it was bad news I'm afraid. All we could see was a tiny sac.
I was expecting a lot of pain/blood when you miscarry but I really haven't had either and bleeding has almost stopped today which is why I was hoping there was a tiny chance.
Feeling alright really considering and planning to have a quiet weekend.
Hope you are all feeling ok-that's the best we can be isn't it?

kissmummy Fri 06-Nov-09 17:20:25

raspberry sorry to hear your news. if this is your first miscarriage the chances are you'll never have to go through it again. please take comfort from the thought that this is almost certainly a one off. it's highly unusual to have lots of miscarriages in a row.

raspberrytart Fri 06-Nov-09 17:38:53

Thanks kissmummy, yes it was my first mc-you sound like you've had more than one.

ClaireDeLoon Mon 09-Nov-09 09:26:26

Raspberrytart I'm so sorry it was bad news. How are you feeling today?

I tested yesterday and still have a strong line on an hpt despite heavy bleeding and passing clots etc so I think my hormone levels are being slow to subside. Thankfully the nausea has stopped though.

raspberrytart Tue 10-Nov-09 12:37:27

I'm feeling really well actually and am back at work (am childminder)I have my moments of tearfulness but generally upbeat which I am suprised at.I was expecting lots of pain and clots but thankfully that hasn't happened.
Glad to hear the sickness has gone Claire hope you are feeling better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now