Talk

Advanced search

Two miscarriages within two months

(7 Posts)
bonniebon Sat 31-Oct-09 10:55:54

I had a miscarriage six weeks ago when I was 7 weeks pregnant, I didn't have to go for a ERPC and stopped bleeding after about 10 days. We started TTC straight away and last Saturday found out I was pregnant again! Had a week of obsessive knicker-checking and then last night started bleeding which is really heavy today, so looks like an early miscarriage again. Think I was about 4-5 weeks pregnant this time, but is hard to tell not having had a period inbetween....
Am just feeling kind of numb...I know it was really early days but had still got really excited this last week. My DH is being v. supportive and I have my DD who is keeping me occupied and managing to make me smile.
Just really wanted a rant I suppose - this is my first post but reading everyone's experiences and seeing all you courageous women out there was of great comfort to me after my first miscarriage. A question for the other women out there who have had miscarriages close together, did you start TTC straight away again or wait for a bit? Any advice gratefully received!

BonjourIvresse Sat 31-Oct-09 11:23:37

I'm sorry for your loss. I haven't got any advice bt i wanted to offer you my support. I think whether to ttc is very personal decision.

Stillsquaffingthesteamingblood Sat 31-Oct-09 11:31:07

I had 7 mcs before my DCs were born. initially we took medical advice to wait 3 months before trying again but after about number 4 the gynae admitted that there was no well-researched reason for this and she suggested we just crack on and ignore it. I eventually managed to get on with life and tended to 'assume' if I was pg that it would probably not last.

FWIW I had all the tests, no reasons. You shoudl get tested after 3 recurrent mcs, so let your Dr know what has happened. I swear by baby aspirin - my gynae suggested this as soon as I was pg with pregnancy no 8, and I went on to have sucessful pg twice running. Baby aspirin is available over the counter only at chemists (they will ask you why you want it) and you take one a day as soon as pg. But ask advice of Dr gynae first of course.

Sympathies, by the way. It is horrible to go through.

kissmummy Sat 31-Oct-09 16:11:50

stillsquaffing i am in awe - how did you manage to keep trying despite miscarriage after miscarriage? i have had four mcs in the last 18 months and really can't imagine putting myself through it again, though i know we have to keep going if there is any chance of success. this latest one has nearly broken me. (i took aspirin this time and it didn't make any difference for me...sad ) Did you ever consider giving up? how did you pick yourself up each time, and start again?

bonniebon Sat 31-Oct-09 19:47:53

Thank you for your comments/support guys. I too am in awe stillsquaffing, you must be amazingly strong to have gone through that. One MC is bad enough but to have had seven is just awful. I am so glad that you now have your DC. Thanks for the advice re baby Aspirin - I have also heard about this so will ask my doctor when I go.

arena Mon 02-Nov-09 09:31:22

Hi bonniebonn im sorry for your loss, i also had a m/c at 7 weeks last year october. I also did'nt wait and started trying again, with no period in between. Btw that was my second m/c

I fell pregnant again straight away in noverber, i took baby asprin this time round . My baby is 11 weeks now.

So please don't give up, i know it's so hard.x

bonniebon Mon 02-Nov-09 16:35:11

Thanks arena I am glad that you had success third time round - it is comforting to hear. We will keep trying and keep our fingers and toes crossed that the next one will be a bit more sticky!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now