Talk

Advanced search

Waiting to miscarry at 9 weeks but suddenly boated and craving sweet things.

(8 Posts)
BiscuitStuffer Mon 26-Oct-09 21:37:51

I was told last week (8 weeks) that my baby stopped growing at 6 weeks, so 2 weeks ago. I was expecting it as I haven't felt pregnant the whole time and had that 'sense of doom' that something was wrong the whole time. It would have been DC3.

Today I have suddenly ballooned and am craving all the wrong foods. Has anyone else had this and does it mean that my hormones are changing and that I should miscarry soon? I'm terrified that it's going to take weeks.

BiscuitStuffer Mon 26-Oct-09 21:38:23

boated = bloated blush

BiscuitStuffer Tue 27-Oct-09 20:20:25

I've had a few cramps today, on and off but all stopped now and no bleeding at all. Does this mean things might be starting to get going? Can anyone guess roughly how long it might be based on their own experiences?

annie51 Wed 28-Oct-09 21:12:39

Hi Biscuitstuffer

Just noticed your post, its different for everyone. I've had erpc's for my 6mc's. Have you to go back for another scan or how have things been left?

BiscuitStuffer Thu 29-Oct-09 14:51:13

Hi Annie - I go back for a scan next week. I've had some intermitermittent low back pain but very very mild and no bleeding. Did you have your ERPCs under general or local anaesthetic?

Joolsiam Thu 29-Oct-09 15:01:05

Hi

The sweetness craving doesn't ring any bells for me, but I've miscarried naturally twice (without warning) and each time, I've bloated up the day before and, for the 11+5 MC was ridiculously thirsty - I guess natures way of getting enough fluids on board before I lost so much blood.

Hope it turns out OK for you.

BiscuitStuffer Thu 29-Oct-09 15:12:12

I've just come off the phone to the EPU clinic to get info on ERPC under local anaesthetic and somehow ended up booking myself in for one a week on monday. I'm shaking at the thought!!!!

annie51 Thu 29-Oct-09 22:11:37

Hi BiscuitStuffer
Believe me when I say that I know exactly how you feel, but I had mine done under general and each was different as was the 'loss' afterwards.
The main thing at the minute is that you are comfortable with the decision and don't feel pressured into anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now