Talk

Advanced search

Very tearful - bleeding at 5.5 weeks - Help!

(3 Posts)
AnnieDelores Mon 26-Oct-09 20:07:24

I am 5.5 weeks and started bleeding this morning. It's like a normal period but definitely fresh red blood. I have been bleeding all day. I dont have cramps, but I do have some minor lower back ache. I have an appointment at the early pregnancy clinic tomorrow morning and am very upset, even though I know this is common. I suspect that with a period this heavy it's not good. I took another clear blue digital test this afternoon and it said "Pregnant 1 - 2 weeks" which is the same as when I first took the test over two weeks ago. Can only assume that means my hcg levels are dropping off. Any thoughts?
This is all very sad as my family are all excited. I know if it is a miscarriage, tha it's common (I'm 37 and this is my first pregnancy) but it's left me feeling completely numb. Any advice out there?

kissmummy Mon 26-Oct-09 20:17:27

oh dear you poor thing. i have to be honest and say it doesn't sound good....but yes, it is normal, and there's every chance it will never happen to you again. it's an absolutely horrible thing to go through. good luck at the clinic tomorrow - i hope they are kind to you. and of course nobody on this board can say for sure whether it is a miscarriage - there are some people who have a lot of bleeding in early pregnancy and go on to have healthy babies.

AnnieDelores Mon 26-Oct-09 20:31:39

Thanks Kissmummy... I know you're right. I think I'm just tryng to kill the time (waiting is horrible) and maybe convince myself that this is a miscarriage....because then I can deal with it and move on. I was reading that because pregnancy tests are so sensitive these days, they give you an early result and false sense of security in what could be a chemical pregnancy. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss! I'm more upset about not having anthing to look forward to now. My job has become dull and frustrating due tobudget cuts and the recession and my partner was made redundant so its all a bit gloomy. I'll be ok in a couple of days when its all sunk in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now