Talk

Advanced search

Could it be a mistake?

(4 Posts)
PLHS Mon 26-Oct-09 10:31:22

Hi, sorry I have never written on a forum before but due to the early stages of my pregnacy only my husband and I know so I feel I do not have anyone to ask.

I started attending the Early pregnancy clinic due to some severe pain within weeks of being pregnant, an Ectopic preganancy was feared but ruled out following a scan. I have since had 2 scans and the most recent one they have said I have had an Incomplete Miscarriage. They only scanned me via my tummy though and not internally this time, the baby had continued to develop along each stage and again at this scan but still no heartbeat. I may be only just 7 weeks and she said the CRL measurement is 7mm, so no heartbeat now means there won't be one. Looking on the net though some places say this is too early to see the heartbeat without an internal scan, the Sonographer said she could see a formed heart but no beat, and it won't now it is larger then 6mm.

I have decided not to take the Medical or Surgical option just yet, but wait 2 weeks to see "if nature will take its course" but I keep thinking it could be a mistake? Am I clutching at straws?

FifiOK Mon 26-Oct-09 12:46:36

Sorry you are going through this. I think you are right to wait another couple of weeks, in case you are not as far along as you think. Have they done any blood tests ? Rising HCG levels are a good sign of a viable pregnancy also. Might be worth asking them why they won't do an internal scan? 7mm sounds ok for CRL at this stage.

Good luck - I don't think you are clutching at straws.

annie51 Mon 26-Oct-09 13:16:41

Hi

Sorry to hear what you are going through.I would also wait a while and bloodtests would be agood idea. I have had 6 miscarriages and my first I was told the same after a tummy scanand told I needed a D & C, but due to being away from home I waited until I got to my own hospital who did an internal and I was still pregnant. I had my HCG levels monitored but did miscarry a month later.
My second pregnancy I bled every month was again told early on that my measurements were too small but I have my DD, so it would be worth waiting.

PLHS Mon 26-Oct-09 13:25:52

Thank you, sorry thought I had not put the message on correctly so it is out there twice now???

I did have blood tests the first time I went in and the levels did rise correctly between them. Each time I have also had another pregnancy test and that again is okay. It just seems to odd that it would keep growing and then no heartbeat. I have not had any bleeding, or even bad pain since that initial time. Should I ask for another scan in a week or so before choosing the Surgical or Medical Option?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now