Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about the Miscarriage Association?

(7 Posts)
kissmummy Tue 20-Oct-09 21:42:35

Has anyone rung their helpline? What is it like? I wrote down the number in my diary when i was feeling particularly down but haven't rung it yet..not sure what to expect if i called.
some people who have posted on other threads this evening have mentioned a support group they run? can you tell me more about it? i don't remember seeing info about it on their website.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 20-Oct-09 21:51:48

I rang them once. They were really helpful. They just listened and answered my questions. I wasn't anywhere near a local support group.

sakura28 Wed 21-Oct-09 21:47:48

Hi kissmummy,
I rang them last month. I was given the number of the lady in my local area and rang her, but the first call was to arrange a convieniant time to ring for both of us.
When I rang and spoke to her she was lovely, she listened to me and told me a bit about her own experiences of mc. We were on the phone for about half an hour. I think the best thing about it for me was that I could say things to her that I didn't want to 'burden' anyone else with, and just be totally honest about how devasted I felt.
No support groups near me as far as I know either.
I would recommend the helpline, it is worth a try.
Best wishes xxx

kissmummy Thu 22-Oct-09 15:53:42

thanks sakura. I tried it yesterday and there was no reply. I feel better today and don't feel the need, but i will definitely try it again next time i feel really low.

sakura28 Thu 22-Oct-09 22:06:08

Hi kissmummy,
Shame there was no reply, glad that your feeling better about things though.
Hope you have better luck next time if needed

Sakura xx

CMOTdibbler Thu 22-Oct-09 22:08:45

I didn't ring the helpline, but did go to some meetings. They were so lovely, and it was wonderful not to have to put on a brave face and talk really openly

Glad you aren't feeling so low today

kissmummy Fri 23-Oct-09 21:59:41

meetings? that sounds great. i need all the help i can get. i am definitely going to ring them next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now