Talk

Advanced search

48days later....still no AF, is this normal

(6 Posts)
CakeandFineWine Mon 19-Oct-09 14:47:35

Hi all again
I had a MC at 13 weeks on Aug BH wk/end.
I have continued to BD as we decided to try again straight away. Been POAS regularly including this am all BFN.
But today is about day 48 since MC and still no AF surely they should have returned bu now.
I'm off to see GP in an hr but don't want to look like a complete idiot.
Any advice

daisytaylor Mon 19-Oct-09 16:31:47

Hi am new to mumsnet and i'm really sorry but i'm having trouble understanding the different letters. I know what mc means but i am lost after that.

CakeandFineWine Tue 20-Oct-09 09:33:36

Hi daisytaylor welcome to Mumsnetsmile

OK I'll retype in non jargon

I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks on Aug bank holiday weekend.
I have continued to baby dance (have sex) as we decided to try again straight away. I've been peeing on a stick (POAS) (doing pregnancy tests) regularly including this morning but they are all big fat negatives (BFN)
Today is about 48 days since the miscarriage and still no aunt flo (AF) (Period) surely they should have returned by now.
I'm off 2 see GP is an hour.

Hope this now makes sense and helps you with the acronyms

daisytaylor Tue 20-Oct-09 13:34:44

Hi there thankyou so much for that, i'm getting used to some of them now and that really helps. If you would like some advice i would say to wait for your first AF before you start trying purley so you know your body is returning to normal after your loss. Mine normally return within 2 months so i think its just different for everyone and how long it takes your body and hormones to get back to normal. My doctor said it can take upto 6 months for your body to recover.
Please let me know how you get on at the doctors today, I have decided to wait till after xmas before we try again.
P.s if your doc thinks you are an idiot then he shoouldn't be a doctor. I'm sure there are lots of women in the same boat. All the best.

arena Tue 20-Oct-09 20:46:16

Hi cakeandfinewine firstly sorry about your m/c, you could well indeed be pregnant again.

Some people will say wait for your period to return, i think it's a personal thing depending on how you feel, i did'nt wait.

I had a m/c last year november i was 7 weeks, and the same month i m/c i was pregnant. Two weeks after my m/c without a period. The result is sleeping right here next to me. He is 9 weeks old.

So i would say go for it, and good luck.

CakeandFineWine Wed 21-Oct-09 20:47:53

Thanks you guys,
Still no AF.
Going to give it a week and test again,
Just really want to feel "back to normal" at least physically.
Also its my 1st anniversary next weekend and I REALLY don't want it to arrive for that, heard the first one after MC is painful and heave sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now