Talk

Advanced search

has anyone been diagnosed with Asherman's syndrome?

(4 Posts)
kissmummy Sun 18-Oct-09 11:24:18

and if so, how did you find out you had it? did it cause your miscarriages, or happen as a result of your miscarriages?

lalin Sat 24-Oct-09 20:48:02

Yes, I had Ashermans syndrome.
Following a 4th miscarriage, I had a D&C. Asherman's condition is caused by the "over enthusiastic evacuation of the uterus" i.e. after a botched D&C .
The womb lining stick together making conception very difficult.
I had laser surgery to separate the adhesions.

Asherman was the Israeli doctor who discovered the condition.

Has this been a similar story to yours?

kissmummy Sun 25-Oct-09 20:11:42

i don't know if i've got it but i do think i should be checked for it. I had an awful D+C about six years ago which was really painful. i was supposed to be sedated but i was pretty much fully conscious and it was the worst experience and i'm sure can't have been any good for my uterus. I have very light periods. conception is no problem - keeping the pregnancy is. I've lost four.

lalin Sun 25-Oct-09 21:18:25

Light periods is one of the symptoms of Ashermans. The fact that you are able to conceive however indicates that something else may be your problem. It is difficult to conceive with Ashermans syndrome.
I am not a doctor, but spent 10 long and painful yrs on the road to motherhood and suffered 6 miscarriages. Ashermans was only one of my problems. I'm sure you are aware of the multiple miscarriage unit at St. Marys in London. They do some great work there. Sending you all good wishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now