Talk

Advanced search

First miscarriage since I had a baby

(5 Posts)
peanutpie Sat 17-Oct-09 10:25:21

I had a miscarriage yesterday. I'm feeling really flat today. I've found the last few weeks so stressful. I have known that something was wrong for about 2-3 weeks. To the point where I felt relieved at the end that I hadn't been going mad! It followed the same as my two previous miscarriages, strong early symptons that drop off from 6-7 weeks. This was the opposite of the pregnancy which ended in a baby. In that one the symptons developed slowly and were worse from 7 weeksish.

Two weeks ago I had a 'reassurance scan' which showed a fluttery heartbeat but I knew the dates didn't match. I had the follow up scan yesterday and went on to have the miscarriage at home in the early evening.

It's been absolute torture to wait for the second scan. Especially as I really felt I knew what the outcome would be. I have felt insanely angry with anyone who has been trying to reassure me that it would be OK. I knew it would not be and it made me feel like they didn't want to listen to me.

Arghhh.... I feel cross....I really hoped we wouldn't need to face this again if we wanted another baby...stamp, stamp, stamp....it's so unfair that other people pop their babies out with no problem......I can't imagine what it would be like to think I'm pregnant and going to have a baby rather than I'm pregnant and I don't know how this will end so I'll try not to make any plans!!!........

DuelingFANGo Sat 17-Oct-09 10:30:03

sad So sorry to hear this. It's just crap and horrible isn't it? Have been there and I know it is just soul destroying.

DuelingFANGo Sat 17-Oct-09 10:30:07

sad So sorry to hear this. It's just crap and horrible isn't it? Have been there and I know it is just soul destroying.

kissmummy Sat 17-Oct-09 13:06:03

oh peanutpie, i can soooo relate to everything you're feeling. i've had four mcs now; the last one was diagnosed last week and my D+C is tomorrow. we also saw a heart beat sad and then it passed away. they've all followed the pattern you describe - symptoms tailing off rather than getting stronger and stronger. and the waiting for confirmation of the bad news is torture. I totally know what you mean about finding out you're pregnant after you've had a load of miscarriages. there's no joy to it - only fear and uncertainty, and that awful dread that it will all go wrong again.
you are not alone

peanutpie Sat 17-Oct-09 20:00:52

Thanks for your messages. It's so tough isn't it. My overriding thoughts/feelings just now "are that was just so difficult!" Ugh!

kissmummy, sorry for what's happening to you. It's sounds like you're having an awful time from your other threads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now