Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage last week

(7 Posts)
VickyBrown Mon 12-Oct-09 20:48:09

I had a miscarriage last week and i really need to talk about it. My bf is away and i won't see him face to face until November and though we've talked on the phone it isn't the same, i just feel so angry and sad and guilty and god knows what else.

MmeGoblindt Mon 12-Oct-09 21:03:01

I am so sorry. How far along were you? Was it your first pregnancy?

Please try not to blame yourself, I have had 3 m/cs and 2 healthy babies and did not do anything different during my sucessful pregnancies. I truly believe that, as trite as it sounds, it is just something that you cannot do anything about, just "one of those things".

kissmummy Mon 12-Oct-09 21:06:01

poor you, you will find a lot of support here. most people on this board have had at least one miscarriage, and many of us have had several. If this was your first miscarriage the chances are it was a one off. take care of yourself and don't be surprised that it can take quite a while to get over this horrible experience

Fandango Mon 12-Oct-09 21:12:37

So very sorry to hear about your miscarriage. This must be such a difficult time for you but you are not alone. From my experience, talking really does help. Do you have any family you can talk it through with? I found the miscarriage association very supportive and also everyone here on mumsnet.
Give yourself time to get over it but please don't feel guilty. Its a natural reaction but it really wasn't anything that you did or didn't do. You'll never forget the baby you lost but as time goes by it will get easier to deal with.
How far along were you?
Its still early days and your hormones will be all over the place but keep talking and don't be afraid to get upset and have a good cry when you need to.
I really am very sorry you are going through this right now and I wish you all the best for the future. Big hugs to you. xxx

kanella Mon 12-Oct-09 21:17:24

Hi Vicky Sorry to hear about your loss. You are not alone. My bf is also away until next month, I haven't seen him since June. I went through my mmc on my own, although he was on the phone all the time. You are not alone and things do get a bit easier. He nearly jumped on a plane a few times when I ended up in hospital. I am here if you want to talk. All the ladies on here have been there and survived, many have gone on to have healthy babes. Our time will come. xx

VickyBrown Mon 12-Oct-09 21:37:31

thank you for your support it was both my first pregnancy and miscarriage. I was only about 6-8 weeks along but if was enough for me to notice and it seems so cruel that i knew i was pregnant only to have it snatched away from me so soon. I know it was only one of those things and my time will come but it still hurts so much, as im sure you can appreciate.Im sorry for those of you who have all had miscarriages too xx

Fandango Mon 12-Oct-09 22:01:03

It used to really irritate me when people said 'its just one of those things' because it doesn't make you feel any better. The sense of loss was overwhelming for me at times. I couldn't stop crying and found it hard to even get up in the morning. It will take you a good few weeks to feel anything like normal but be strong Vicky (us women are good at that). I had a MC at 9 weeks and it was a horrendous experience which I really struggled with. 4 months later I was pregnant with DS and he is now 9 months old. It will work out for you too. Just try to take it one day at a time and try to get the support you need to help you through.

take care x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now