Talk

Advanced search

have i miscarried???

(11 Posts)
nelly05 Sun 11-Oct-09 13:59:40

hi
i did a pregnancy test bout 4 weeks ago and came back poss but i had bn bleedin 4 bout 2 weeks so i went to docs and was sent 4 a blood test which came back poss but doc said its a low % so i cud of miscarried so he sent me again 4 another blood test and that also came back poss but only bout 5% higher at this point a had bn bleedin 4 nearly 4 weeks. i have done another preg test today and its still sayin preg,cud it still b sayin im preg 4 weeks since my first preg test if i have miscarried??
please send me advice and yr experiences
:-) xxxxx

sunburntats Sun 11-Oct-09 14:04:12

Hello, after miscarriage, it takes some weeks for the pregnancy hormones to decrease, therefore the tests will still show up as positive.

What were the numbers that the Doctor gave to you, can you remember?

nelly05 Sun 11-Oct-09 14:05:45

bout 24% and second was 29% x

sunburntats Sun 11-Oct-09 14:07:29

its usually in hundreds/thousands....
for example, mine was 1500 on day one of bleed, 1600 say 4, then was down to 800 then down to nil as i continued to bleed.

nelly05 Sun 11-Oct-09 14:09:39

he just gave me t percentages see i had bleeding 4 bout 2 weeks in me first pregnancy and evernythin was fine he is 4 now. how long do u bleed 4 wen m/c?

Ladyatron Sun 11-Oct-09 14:14:42

ime when you mc that early your hormones drop quite fast. the fact that you did a positive test today is good news. was it a strong positive?

take care and good luck.

sunburntats Sun 11-Oct-09 14:17:49

I bled for about 2-3 weeks.

All symptoms of pregnancy disapeared very quickly as well.

nelly05 Sun 11-Oct-09 14:18:37

it just said positive thats all i have bn booked in 4 another bloodt test tomoro and a scan tues so shud get all results back tues so fingers crossed :-)
thanx xx ill come back let u know x

nelly05 Sun 11-Oct-09 14:20:48

i bleed 4 bout 4 weeks but i didnt have any pains or sign of miscarrige i just thought i was on me period first but wen i bled 4 2 weeks i just thought ill do a test cos of me first experience with me son x

sunburntats Sun 11-Oct-09 14:24:57

Scan should confirm for you, let you know either way.
Its very upsetting isnt it.

nelly05 Sun 11-Oct-09 14:31:22

well hopefully it will but they said they might not b able to see anythin cos its so early but with havin bloody test aswell its gonna tell me somethin. yeah it is my boyf keeps sayin we have m/c but i just feel like i amd still preg prob cos like i said i had bleedin in my first preg, fingers crossed xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now