Talk

Advanced search

why do I still feel so crappy?

(6 Posts)
CakeandFineWine Fri 09-Oct-09 10:46:29

Hi all

I had a MC at 13 weeks on 3rd Sept.
Cried like a baby for about a week then thought I'd got it out my system etc had a family holiday and returned to work,
Went to work last week fine
By Wednesday this week I literally couldn't hold it together and was crying at work so went home and haven't been back this week.

Why do I feel like this now,
I feel like I've nowt to look forward to even tho I had an absolutely gorgeous DD and supportive fantastic DH I really can't shake this off.

To top it off my hormones are obviously up the spout and I literally don't know whether I'm coming all going sad

barbie1 Fri 09-Oct-09 10:49:17

dont be so hard on yourself....i had a mmc last sept and it still hurts now. The first 6 weeks after mc are the worse due to the hormone rush. Take your time,
sorry for your loss sad

CakeandFineWine Fri 09-Oct-09 21:47:40

thanks Barbie,
Saw my GP today who reassured me loads,
And signed me off for a week so I'd better get it out of my system!

AitchTwoToTangOh Fri 09-Oct-09 21:49:57

don't put any pressure on yourself, it's a terrible gear-change going from such hope to such desolation. your life will be okay, you know that, but you need to give yourself time to recover and not expect too much. i'm so sorry to hear that your pregnancy didn't make it.

avaj Tue 13-Oct-09 20:58:54

It is still a very recent loss for you, go easy on yourself.
I had a mc at the end of July, and although things are much easier now I still have an odd day where I am really tearful, and then spend all night sobbing.
You don't have to shake it off, you just have to take it one day at a time, and make the most of your fantastic DH...xx

Buckler Wed 14-Oct-09 10:12:44

Your hormones will be up in the air for ages mine didn't really settle down until after my first period. You will get days when you want to cry and i always think go with it if you can it's your bodies way of letting grief out if you bottle it up it'd be worse.

You have been through a really awful experience as well as your sad family news give yourself a break and time to heal.
Talk to people around you i found that people avoided talking about it with me so i made them in the end, i would say to friends and family i feel sad and if they came out with the old platitudes 'It wasn't meant to be' i really bit their heads off. Not saying that's the best way but i found that by sharing the fact that i was hurting and making people see that i was still hurting made me feel better rather than crying on my own although i did that too.
It's been four months and i still get down days people say you will never forget and i think that's true. Do what feels right for you whether it's plant a rose bush release a balloon or start a kick boxing class whatever it takes to let out some of the pain. Hope this has made some sense. Thinking of you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now