Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage - test still showing pg after nearly 2 weeks - is this normal?

(6 Posts)
Bessie123 Wed 07-Oct-09 11:09:30

Hi. I started miscarrying 12 days ago. I had a scan, the nurse said I had started to miscarry but she could see the sac etc still in there. I had a LOT of blood, it must have been a miscarriage. Then the bleeding stopped at the weekend but this morning it has started again. I took a pregnancy test this morning to see if the bleeding could just be a period and to make sure the miscarriage was over but the test was positive. Do you think I should go back to the hospital or is this normal?

Arsed Wed 07-Oct-09 11:15:58

How positive was the test ?

It took a couple of weeks for my tests to show negative after my most recent miscarriage and that was after an erpc but they gradually faded and as soon as they were negtive i ovulated and that put me back in to my cycle.

It can be normal for it to take a while to get rid of the hormones. The further along you are affetcs things too, the more pregnant you are the more hormone in your system and the longer it takes to go.

Seeing the + is a real kick in the teeth isn't it. Sorry your having to go though it.

It's probably be worth you ringing the epau, they might want you to come in for a scan just to check everything has come away but i wouldn't worry about it to much.

Bessie123 Wed 07-Oct-09 11:19:44

Thanks for the message. Yes, it is pretty horrible seeing the positive because it's a really clear reminder. It also means there's longer to wait before you can try again. I have another scan booked for the end of next week but that is quite a long time to wait. I suppose I had a tiny hope that there was some mistake because the test was positive but being rational, there was so much blood that it can't be.

jellybeans Wed 07-Oct-09 11:24:14

Hi my test was positive for about 2 weeks after my m/c, I found it really hard so i am really sorry. I have had 4 m/c and also 4 normal pg's which I bled in them all (heavy and red in one of them) so it is hard to say but maybe they could do a blood test at EPU to see if the hormones are going down? That is what happened to me. Take care.

BlackberryFool Thu 08-Oct-09 11:47:44

Message withdrawn

CakeandFineWine Thu 08-Oct-09 12:54:19

Hi Bessie,
Echo the sorry about your loss, its crap!
I had a MC last month began bleeding at 13 wees on the Aug bank hol sun but didn't miscarry the pregnancy until 3rd Sept. I had positive test 10 days following the actual MC IYSWIM, So yes annoyingly it does sound normal but a scan is the only way 2 put your mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now