Talk

Advanced search

Toxoplasmosis

(2 Posts)
NK41635cc3X1221bafd660 Fri 25-Sep-09 13:25:32

Hi there, five years ago I suffered a misscarrage at 9 weeks, what I was told was 'normal'. Having had one child and an awful birth nearly loosing my own life, the misscarriage was very upsetting but I quickly moved on and for my own sake went to work the next day. Six months later I was pregnant again, had all my tests at twelve weeks, all fine. Then on a business trip abroad I started to suffer from the most unbelievable headache and incredibly sore neck and vommitting, it sounds stupid but I just thought I'd over done it.
To cut a long story short these are the effects of Toxoplasmosis, (i'd had a mild cold a few days before also a sign). By 19 weeks I was told my baby had died and had to deliver her?and then face the buriel which you now do at this stage. Just awful and I think it about it alot. It was believed that I had picked up the virus from cat pee in our garden (we don't have cats but neighbours do) when I had been gardening several weeks earlier. I had tests done which showed I had Toxoplasmosis in my system. I don't want to scare anyone but it's the one thing you can't imagine happening to you. 1 year later I gave birth to a little girl, still with a very traumatic birth, but I got what I wanted from not giving up!!!
My husband wanted me to stop trying but at the same time accepted that we had endured a run of very bad luck. I promised him I would not try in vein nor to the destruction of our marriage and with one more attempt I had my beautiful little girl. At the time I didn't know how to get through it but dealing with it head on was the only way.

Bean7 Sun 27-Sep-09 16:59:54

So sorry for yor loss. I MC recently but am coping well. Thanks for your post about Toxoplasmosis symptons. As soon as I was pregnant I stopped petting the Cat and was told to wear gloves if gardening. I'm thinking positively and looking forwards to my next pregnancy. I'm sure it will happen for me someday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now