Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage late last night and still going on

(30 Posts)
kisses1973 Thu 24-Sep-09 03:29:37

Hi I was about 6-7 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding on and off since Monday evening.

I telephoned the out of hours doctor who advised me to go to A & E on Monday which I did sat there for 2 hours and was then moved to the out of hours doctors surgery only to be told they were closing nothing more they could do and sent home bleeding.

I then telephoned out of hours at 2.30am on Tuesday morning and they arranged for me to have an early pregnancy assessment with scan at 8.30 that morning, I attended the clinic where they tried to do an external scan, wasn't clear enough so they undertook an internal one and the lady undertaking the scan said "sorry no heart beat", neglected to mention the fact that it was too early to pick a heart beat up. Then I was told to go home, could go back to work and come back next Tuesday at 9.30am for another scan as the heart beats aren't picked up until 7 weeks.

Then this morning woke up still bleeding nut not too heavy so rang my surgery to go and see my midwife, which helped.

Then at around 9.30pm I started having major stomach cramps, no bleeding. At 10:45pm went to the toilet a load of blood clots came out, was on the toilet for about 3/4 hour before I could get downstairs to call the doctor. Rang the doctor who said she would sort an ambulance out to come and get me as I was home alone but the hospital said no I had to stay put where I was to face this alone. The bleeding is still going on as I type this message.

I'm to go to the hospital in the morning to have yet another scan, which is going to be horrible.

And yes for the moment i'm facing this alone as my partner works away and is currently making his way home.

Thats all sorry if its a bit long winded but I'm at a loss as to what to do, because the hospital quite obviously don't want to know.

Kate x

littleboyblue Thu 24-Sep-09 03:39:44

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had 3 m/c. The first time I was reated much the same as you and it was pretty clear the hospital just didn't care sad
I've bled with mine for a good week or so which isn't nice at all.
It may not be pleasant to have another scan but at least you'll know for sure what's happening.

I know how awful you feel, been there myself, but it does get better. Honest.

waspylady Thu 24-Sep-09 08:12:48

I'm really sorry that you are going through this traumatic experience alone. It is really upsetting when the hospital are not interested.

My miscarriage started last Wednesday and lasted a week and I spent the time at home but I was lucky to have my partner with me in the evenings. I will be going to the hospital next week for a scan to check everything is clear.

I really hope that you have a better experience with the scan today and find someone supportive at the hospital.

Once you know what is happening for sure you will feel better. And then after that it just takes time but gradually you'll get there.

Take care of yourself

kisses1973 Thu 24-Sep-09 20:08:01

Thanks for your support.

Have had a scan at the hospital this morning and thankfully my partner has now arrived now which is a huge relief in itself.

The scan is still showing the baby in the sac but very low down and they have said the baby when measured on Tuesday was 7.5mm and was only 6.4mm today.

I have to go back on Tuesday morning to speak to them again.

They went through the options with me and I've decided to let things progress naturally for the moment.

xxx

kisses1973 Sun 27-Sep-09 01:04:17

Hi all

Its now Saturday and i'm still bleeding heavily with a huge amount of pain. My little bean is still inside me and showing no signs of moving.

I know in my heart that this is a miscarriage as it has been confirmed by 3 different doctors, although i'm very much hoping that they are wrong and when I have a 3rd scan on Tuesday my little bean will still be there with a heartbeat but i'm not holding my breath and appreciate that this is going to be very very unlikely.

hope everyone is ok, watch this space for further news on Tuesday xxx

kanella Sun 27-Sep-09 09:26:51

Kisses hi, just been through the same thing. My heart goes out to you. Thinking me you x

kisses1973 Mon 28-Sep-09 22:29:35

Hi all

The worst has now happened and I've just seen my little bean come out of me.

nite all xxxx

snice Mon 28-Sep-09 22:31:05

I'm so sorry for your loss

hoops997 Mon 28-Sep-09 22:34:37

oh no kisses really sorry, I was holding out for your little bean.......life is so unfair, please be kind to yourself.

Thinking of you xx

kisses1973 Mon 28-Sep-09 22:44:32

The worst thing ever has happened hoops what do most people do with the sac its currently at the bottom of the toilet, i can't bring myself to touch it. xx

Help please

hoops997 Mon 28-Sep-09 22:50:37

Is your DP there with you chick? I know this is awful but your doctor might need it for testing and also I was able to arrange a little service for mine..........I really feel for you, my heart is breaking for you xx

happyjules Mon 28-Sep-09 22:52:26

So sorry this is happening to you. If you can rescue the sac the hospital may ne able to test it or else you could bury it if you want to. This happend to me in march and I couldn't bring myself to retreive it and had to flush it away sad. Big hugs to you

kisses1973 Mon 28-Sep-09 22:53:50

no hes not and I can't put my hand down the toilet I just can't and I've got an upset stomach as well and only one toilet in the house.

hoops997 Mon 28-Sep-09 22:56:59

oh chick, I don't know what you can do, have you got a friend you can phone? I know I remember you saying you are a pad? I would hate for you to flush him/her away and regret it for the rest of your life...... I wish I was with you then I would be able to help x

evaangel2 Mon 28-Sep-09 22:59:41

Oh I am so sorrysad

I have had two mc's, the last one in April.
I bled from Friday till Wed, were it was confirmed at scan I had lost it.

My gp just said to me "rest up and if its goin to happen, it will happen"

We were devastated at both losses in less than a year

hugs to you

hoops997 Mon 28-Sep-09 23:06:50

kisses are you ok?

Cadelaide Mon 28-Sep-09 23:11:30

Don't panic kisses.

What about rubber gloves and a tea strainer? They're a bit tougher than you might think ime(I've had 3)so don't be scared of it breaking up or anything.

You don't have to retrieve it at all. Don't feel bad if you want to flush it away. No-one ever talks about this bit do they? It's just awful.

Cadelaide Mon 28-Sep-09 23:16:30

Poor you sad

hoops997 Mon 28-Sep-09 23:17:54

cadelaide you're right about nobody talking about this bit, it's heartbreaking

Cadelaide Mon 28-Sep-09 23:20:48

Yes, and I was scared too. You don't know what you're going to see. I found having a good long look very helpful, took away all the fear, then I buried them in the garden the next day (but that may not be right for you).

hoops997 Mon 28-Sep-09 23:23:05

I had mine medically removed and had it cremated (I work at a crematorium), even now I go and sit when the ashes are scattered.......

lavenderkate Mon 28-Sep-09 23:26:28

Oh Kisses, really feel for you sweetheart.
been there myself . Hope you are ok x

Cadelaide Mon 28-Sep-09 23:27:18

Hey kisses, remember whatever you do your little bean is forever protected in that sac your body created for it. It may not seem like it right now but your body has done a good job.

I have to go, will be thinking of you.

(And you too hoops).

kisses1973 Tue 29-Sep-09 00:16:29

Thanks guys, the ambulance guys have just been and got my little bean out of the toilet for me.

Tomorrow i'm going to bury him/her I have to think of a name so I am going to call him/her my angel.

My partner is yet again on his way home and i'm still required to go to hospital in the morning.

Thanks guys couldn't have got through the last few days without you.

You are all one in a million. If anyone wants to stay in touch my email address is katherine545@btinternet.com.

xxxxx

hoops997 Tue 29-Sep-09 10:10:23

kisses I will keep in touch, I hope you get some sort of closure with burying your little one, one thing I did I got a memory pebble which I kept in my pocket at all times, it meant the world to me.........

That's the good thing about Mn, we are all here for you, good luck at the hospital

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now