Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

mc

(3 Posts)
kerrysyme Thu 17-Sep-09 00:13:55

hi i just thought i would share my story with people who understand what i am going through 2 weeks ago i went for an emergency scan i had this because i have previously had 2 mc but also i have had 2 healthy babies, during my first scan they told me that i was to early to trace a hb i was measuring at 6 weeks so i was asked to come back a week later when i whent back they told me that my water bag had developed but could not see any development within the yolk sac at this point i thought that i had already had a mc but they still could not tell me if i had lost our baby or if the hb may develop but i went bk today a fortnight from my first scan and my fears were confirmed that our baby had not developedsad. due to my experience i would not advise anyone to have a scan befor they are ten weeks pregnant,i felt that i was left in limbo i could not greive or celebrate as i was unsure if my baby was going to survie or not. my heart goes out to women that find them self in my shoes i wish you all the luck in the world xxxxxx kerry

piprabbit Thu 17-Sep-09 02:31:51

Kerry,
Thanks for posting - I've been in a similar position as you a couple of times and agree that early scans (and the whole of business of waiting and hoping) are incredibly stressful.
Somehow I always felt as if the medical professionals were implying that it wasn't a 'real' pregnancy - which might be techincally correct, but doesn't help a couple who a desperately hoping to have a baby and who have pinned their hopes on this pregnancy.
Take care of yourself, you must be having a tough time at the moment.

duvetheaven Thu 17-Sep-09 23:42:02

Sorry to hear of your experience Kerry. Those days in limbo must feel so long. I had a scan in 2007 at 6 weeks and was told to come back at 7 weeks. I was convinced everything was fine but it wasn't and I had a MC/ ERPC. Take care and look after yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now