Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions? MMC nature taking it's course but booked in for ERPC tomorrow?

(4 Posts)
Poncherello Mon 14-Sep-09 14:09:17

Firstly, so sorry to anyone going through this tough time ... but thank heavens for Mumsnet and kind Mumsnetters.

I am wondering if anyone can give me some helpful advice? Day before 12wk dating scan last Monday, found out I had a mmc, baby had got to 8 weeks. Started miscarrying naturally on Friday afternoon, rushed to A&E, stats all stable so was allowed home. Miscarriage continued over the weekend, steadily declining in intensity and volume.

Had internal scan today which showed most of the products had gone, TMI - the remainder is blood clots, uterine lining is measuring 21mm.

I have an ERPC booked tomorrow and can't decide whether I should have the procedure (fear of general anesthetic) and hope for closure or let my body continue to do what it is meant to do with the risk of having to have it done in two weeks time if it doesn't complete?

Thanks in advance for your help xxx

EldonAve Mon 14-Sep-09 17:32:03

How do you feel? Given the scan I would be tempted to go the natural route

Best of luck whatever you decide

Poncherello Mon 14-Sep-09 21:03:48

Hi EldonAve, thanks for replying, I've been feeling fine physically all day today but started to get cramps around 7.30pm ... expelled some more, took some painkillers and am feeling almost back to normal now with a few 'after pains'.

I suppose it's balancing how much of this I can cope with for how long vs. fear of hospitals and worry about the procedure.

EldonAve Mon 14-Sep-09 21:10:44

Did they say how much longer it might take?

I've had 2 ERPCs and while they were fine the waiting around in hosp is grim

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now