Talk

Advanced search

blood in embryonic fluid at 6 weeks

(2 Posts)
Jan9ne Sat 12-Sep-09 18:39:53

Hello. It looks as though a m/c is imminent sadly. I had had some v light bleeding and then quite a lot of pain this morning so i took my self to a&e. I had a vaginal scan. Ironically the pain was caused by an ovarian cyst which is apparently quite common in preg and not too worrying. The scan showed a sac and a yolk but the embryonic fluid was v hazy and nothing much could be deciphered. I'm a no-nonsense sort of girl and i wanted a straight answer from the sonographer and he said that it was not a good sign. They took a blood test to measure hcg and will repeat on mon but i am preparing for the worst.
I was wondering if anyone else has had experience of this before or knows what causes it? There's not much on the internet about it.

starkadder Wed 16-Sep-09 17:04:31

hi Jan9ne - I don't have much to offer but didn't want your post to go unanswered.

I had a MC about 3 weeks ago. I also had an ovarian cyst and at an early scan (about 5 weeks) the doctors told me that the sac looked "irregular" and didn't look good. Actually, my original doctor sent me off for a D&C immediately but then the consultant at the hospital refused to do it because it was too early to be sure. Anyway, I then had another scan at 7 wks and there was a heartbeat, so I was v happy - but sadly then DID miscarry at 8 weeks (found out at 10 wks).

So, long and irrelevant story, and certainly does NOT mean yours will be anything similar - apparently my MC was unrelated to the cyst - but I did just want to say that I hope it turned out well for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now