Talk

Advanced search

positvie test then large bleed.....help wanted please

(8 Posts)
jadycat Mon 17-Aug-09 15:01:40

Hi everyone, can you help?

At 3.5 weeks after my period I really felt pregnant, had spotting and lower cramps from 2.5 weeks. At 3.5 weeks I did a test and It came back positive. I wasn't surprised as I had felt weird the whole of the time up until then. But then 3 days later I then had a horrible period. Really bad and painful.

I had had so much stress the week I found out I was pregnant up until I bleed and am worried that I was pregnant and the stress caused me to lose my baby.

Is this possible?

mathanxiety Tue 18-Aug-09 05:43:04

You could do another test? Fingers crossed for you.

SparklyGothKat Tue 18-Aug-09 07:28:31

doing another test now would maybe show positive and it would be left overhormones. rather an a continuing pregnancy.

As for stress, i am not sure if it causes miscarriage but i have had miscarriages and pregnancies and had huge amount of stress.

sounds like you maybe had a chemical pregnancy or an early miscarriage

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Tue 18-Aug-09 07:53:03

Stress does not cause miscarriages. About 99% of miscarriages which happen before 10 weeks happen because of genetic problems with the fetus or because the implantation is messy (ie the embryo never implanted in the uterus and is dislodged)

I'm sorry you are going through this worry. It may be okay. Sometimes if two embryos are implanted, one fails and you can get a major bleed, sometimes the cause is never known.

However you need to seek help from your GP and request a scan to check (a) if the embryo is still there and (b) that it's actually in your womb and not ectopic.

I wish you luck. I know this is not what you expected and the last thing you want but hold onto hope here - I have had two confirmed miscarriages - with both of them I conceived the following month and my two children are a result.

jadycat Tue 18-Aug-09 08:47:46

Thank you for your replies.

I was nervous as it was my first pregnancy, and between major family stress and also being on Wafarin, I needed to know asap if I was pregnant as I would have had to stop warfarin. But my GP could not see me to confirm until 6 days after I found out. But I had the bleed before I could get there (at the weekend) and phoned NHS direct, they said it was a miscarrage and to see my GP.

To be honest I cancelled the appointment as I was so upset and could not face being told I had lost the baby again and then face going into work as no one there knew. (Stupid I know).

I know it could very well have been the fact I was on Warfarin (I have thick blood) but also wondered if it could have been the stress as well.

Thank you for all your support, im still just choked up.

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Tue 18-Aug-09 10:24:18

Jadycat - ahh Warfarin. Right. You definitely need to go to the GP and ask for a referral for a scan to check what is going on. This is actually quite urgent - you could still be pregnant and if you go right on taking your Warfarin that might scupper things.

I know you are upset - understandably so, but you do need to find out what's happened. Not least because if you get pregnant again soon you will need to know what to do. It may be the case that you are told to decrease or cease Warfarin while trying to conceive.

zubin Tue 18-Aug-09 10:33:35

Get an emergency doctors appointment - don't be put off. I had a massive painful bleed in early pregnancy, doctor did seem me straight away and said probably miscarriage sent me for a scan (again straight away, he was a lovely doctor) and the result is 5 years old and trashing my house in front of me. Basically what I am trying to say is don't assume you have lost it before getting properly checked wishing you all the best

jadycat Tue 18-Aug-09 11:31:56

okay, I have booked an appointment for tomorrow morning.

Thank you so much for all your support!!

Will see what they say. You have really helped, it is nice to find a site that you can talk to others about pregnancy problems. Did not know this site was here until yesterday.

I am really glad that for some of you it worked out okay.
xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now