Talk

Advanced search

heart beat at 6 weeks but bleeding for 4 days

(7 Posts)
horseymum Wed 12-Aug-09 13:43:50

had a scan as started bleeding on sunday, was just brown but now red and period-like discomfort (not really pain) any one had similar with positve or negative outcome? am not reassured by seeing heartbeat as know it could already be over by now

nobodysfool Wed 12-Aug-09 13:51:16

Sorry no advice but didnt want to leave your thread un answered.
Hope everything turns out well for you xxx

Pinkjenny Wed 12-Aug-09 13:53:23

I bled with dd and it was bright red, there was so much blood that it seeped through onto my shorts (we were on holiday at the time).

All was fine. I don't remember having too much discomfort though, aside from the general aches and pains you get in early pregnancy, which does feel a lot like period pain.

Hope everything is OK. Have you contacted your local EPU and updated them?

Mouette Wed 12-Aug-09 18:05:21

I had bleeding on and off throughout the 1st trimester in both my pregnancies, it turned out to be harmless. I think you need to do another scan as the bleeding has changed. I hope all will be OK. x

horseymum Thu 13-Aug-09 18:48:18

oh well, just an update here - thanks for your replies. bleeding got heavier and internal showed neck of womb opening and scan today showed no baby. at least i have not had to have ay medical/surgical intervention. guess it wasn't to be and glad i am not still waiting to find out.

squilly Thu 13-Aug-09 18:56:43

So sorry to hear about your loss horseymum. I was going to post that I had the bleeding around 6 weeks for 3 of my pgs and lost them all. 4th pg was the first where I made it to 6 weeks with a heart beat and no bleeding.

You sound very philosophical about it all in your post (which may not be the same as in RL). I was always quite philosophical about my losses. It didn't make me any less desparate to have a baby, but it did help with the recovery process.

You're in for a rough few months, one way or another. I wish you strength during this awkward time and hope that you have plenty of support or at least someone you can speak to about it when you fell the urge.

Take care of yourself and your partner. It'll be tough on you both. xx

Mouette Thu 13-Aug-09 20:24:21

I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself. You sound quite a strong person, I'm sure you will get through this. There is plenty of support here on MN. All the best. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now