Talk

Advanced search

parvovirusb19 or fifths and 16wk miscarriage

(5 Posts)
dakota11 Tue 23-Jun-09 23:05:40

Hi all,
Im new to this board. For any that may have info on my question and rather not read my situation I posted question first thanks.
My question is that I began having clear fluid from breast and now its milk the dr said not to take anything to stop it and it is painful for a few seconds then fine for a while, Is there any natural way to stop the milk flow and or discomfort.
Last week I had a test result confirming that I had contracted what is aparently a common virus in children. just over 2 months in pregnancy I had a rash and arthritic like symptoms that lasted about a week. This caused testing for the virus in which I had never heard of. I work with children every day for a few years and how I managed to contract it recently IDK. Anyways we went in for ultrasound to find out devistating news that there was no heart beat. I was given pills to start at midnight and from there was the nightmare in the morning I was told that it would be like having a heavy period but have to say none of it was like that. In the morning our lil boy was out I guess I wasnt thinking I mean I didnt expect him to come out looking like a perfect timy baby. I wasnt prepared for what I saw and if anyone is going to have a situation at home please be prepared as I was not and things all happened within hours and for some reason during the whole ordeal I stayed home instead of going to the hospital I was given demeral pills also and during the contractions I didnt know if It was real or I was dreaming. Anywasy the milk coming in has just made life even more depressing. I realize that this is part of life and that If I had a baby that had neumerous health problems it would be more difficult but I cant get his little image outof my mind and keep wondering what I could have done differently even though the doctor said nothing I could have done would change things as the virus is airborn and now I am imune to it so it wont be a problem in the future. I know Im all over the place here kind of like my life since last tuesday.

anniemac Wed 24-Jun-09 10:59:33

Message withdrawn

Ackyboo Wed 24-Jun-09 11:42:08

I don't have any advice either I'm afraid. I just wanted to say that I miscarried at the weekend and we all share your pain. It is a horrible situation that no one should have to go through. Try and keep strong, but give yourself time to cry and grieve. We are all thinking about you XX

SpringBlossom Wed 24-Jun-09 16:51:50

Dear Dakota, I am sorry for what's happened - have you found the Sands website? If not I would strongly recommend going on there as soon as you can as you will find many women in your situation. I lost my baby at 19 weeks in Oct and it's earth shattering. I know the image of your baby is very powerful in your mind but in a way can you think it's better that you saw him than not? I got to hold my baby after I lost him and I'm so glad I did.

I found the early days almost intolerable and they are just a mass of crying and crying in my mind. No one can make it easier for you to get through those days but I can tell you it gets easier gradually. I would really recommend Sands to you as in the early days the women on there (asnd a couple I met on here actually) were one of the things that got me through.

Love and best wishes, SB

dakota11 Thu 25-Jun-09 01:46:40

Thank you all for your responses. It happened a week ago today thought the bleeding had stopped as it did stop but tonight it has started up again. The milk situation is alsostill continuing. This was my first pregnancy.I will look into sands
sorry to you all for your losses as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now