Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So, it looks like I had completely unnecessary medical management AND erpc. Bloody, bloody buggery f**k.

(4 Posts)
neolara Mon 27-Oct-08 19:52:10

I saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks, went back 10 days later as had started to bleed and found at the scan that the baby had died.

At this stage I bled for 5 days, but not as heavily as a period and absolute no clots at all. I have had 3 miscarriages in the past so knew to expect heavy bleeding and possibly some pain. Thought the worst was still to come so went into hostital to have medical management. Didn't bleed at all with this so went back a week later to have an erpc. Meanwhile I had cancelled practically everything as was on a bricking myself about the miscarriage happening while I was out and about with toddler in tow. I was a complete basket case during this period.

So now I've just had a call from the hosptital saying that they hadn't removed any foetal tissue in the erpc. They were calling to check I have had a negative pregnancy test (I have) to ensure that they did not miss anything in the erpc. They said I must have passed the sac earlier when I was bleeding. So I basically had two very stressful and painful medical interventions for absolutely nothing. Also, as they didn't have any foetal tissue they can't test it for abnormalities. F**ing, f*ing, f**k.

I feel such an idiot. How could I have not noticed.

I've just had another scan to check for abnormalities in my uterus and the scanner kept asking me if I was still bleeding because she said the uterus lining was still really thick. I guess it's going to come away at some point - af from hell coming up.

Don't really know why I'm posting this. Just feeling crap and stupid.

sausagemcgrah Mon 27-Oct-08 19:57:36

Hi neolara,

(I've just posted to you on another miscarriage thread)
I'm so sorry to hear about everything you've been through. You're not an idiot. Every miscarriage is different. The hospital are the people who should have known that not you.

Take it easy and don't blame yourself. And get as much rest as you can - you've been through an awful lot.

There really aren't words that can make what you're going through any easier. It will get better.

Habbibu Mon 27-Oct-08 19:59:03

Oh, poor love. You're not an idiot - it's a horrible time, and a horrible thing to have to go through - you have enough to deal with. FWIW, when I bled after my recent molar pregnancy, the foetus had disappeared from one scan to the next, but I hadn't passed anything that seemed significant. The MWs in EPU said they've known this happen before - the "tissue" (sorry) seems to break up in utero a bit.

So sorry for your loss, and all of this stuff. Be gentle with yourself.

Sabs1981 Mon 27-Oct-08 20:57:06

neolara i am so sorry, but like the other posters have written, you are not an idiot, please dont blame yourself...
And post away on here, it always helps me, to know that there are people out there who want to support you and listen to you..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now