Talk

Advanced search

7 weeks - pregnancy symptoms began to disappear a week ago but HcG level 57,000 - anyone an expert at this stuff?

(7 Posts)
daisy5 Mon 20-Oct-08 16:50:39

I kind of assumed it was all over for me when my pregnancy symptoms all began to disappear from last Tuesday - 6 days ago at 6+3weeks.
- not hot at night
- poo back to normal
- headaches gone
- no exhaustion
- no 'stretching' - just period like churning
Much like my miscarriage in June - little one didn't make it past 9 weeks and I didn't miscarry till 12 weeks. Symptoms just began to disappear.

Just went in A&E to get this confirmed so I could start to prepare for miscarriage, but they say my HcG levels are quite high 57,000(at 7+2) and want me to come back in two days for another blood test and a scan.

I checked the websites and 57,000 seems to be the highest possible reading for someone at 6 weeks, so if my pregnancy began to stop at 6+2 - doesn't that seem an unusually high reading?

I really didn't want them to give me any rays of hope as am so convinced it is all over, but as I have now 2 days to wait (2 sleepless nights - joy oh joy) I thought I would check if anyone knew of anyone else with similar experiences or good knowledge of HcG readings.

Many thanks for any information.

tortoisefairy Mon 20-Oct-08 18:29:33

SOunds like it may be okay. I bleed constantly during pregnancy, large clots, size of my palm sometimes, and each time I think this is it. But I am really lucky with two healthy dc. It is so hard to remain positive but I find I just took each day at a time,sometimes each hour and then each week was a celebration of another week further towards the magic 40. I hope it all works out okay but please try to relax/distract your mind in any way you can. Its the only thing you can do. A good book/film may help?best of luck

alkar Mon 20-Oct-08 18:40:55

Unfortunately you can't really tell from one HCG reading you do need another in 2 days time. In a viable pregnancy the HCG level will double every 2 days.

Good luck

alkar Mon 20-Oct-08 18:41:36

Meant to say that you level is good so fingers crossed the next one doubles

lizziemun Mon 20-Oct-08 18:59:01

You may be ok.

From my own experience i can honestly say that i never had any so called pregnancy symptons for any of my 3 successful pregnancies. I am currently 20wks with my 3rd successful pregnancy and i didn't find out i pg until i was over 10weeks gone.

daisy5 Wed 22-Oct-08 17:47:13

Thank you all for your thoughts. I got the scan today and to my surprise, all is fine, so I was very happy.

All the best
Daisy

alkar Wed 22-Oct-08 17:49:17

Congratulations grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now