Talk

Advanced search

Feeling sad. Baby should have been born today

(11 Posts)
montym Sun 19-Oct-08 14:48:21

In March 08 I had my 3rd miscarriage. The baby's due date was today. Even though I know I cannot change the situation and some things happen for a reason I am still feeling very down. I can't help but think of what might have been. At work at the moment trying to put a brave face on things but I feel like I will burst into tears at any time.

barbie1 Sun 19-Oct-08 14:50:54

sorry for your loss...i had first mmc 5 weeks ago and i just know that me due date will be hard, made even worse by the fact another girl is pregnant in work due the week after i would of been sad i have to watch her pregnancy progress...i hope you find the strength to get through work today x

JellycatShopkeeper Sun 19-Oct-08 14:52:03

I'm sorry for your loss montym

NorthernLurker Sun 19-Oct-08 14:52:05

Montym - this is a very sad day for you and your other half. It's alright to feel sad - in your shoes I would too. How long do you have to stay at work? Might it be an idea to leave early if you possibly can. Go home, keep warm and have a good cry if you need to. You lost your much wanted baby and that is a terrible loss. I'm so sorry that happened to you sad

unfitmother Sun 19-Oct-08 14:52:08

Sorry to hear that, your due date is the first horrible hurdle.
Can you get out of work?

daisyj Sun 19-Oct-08 14:52:31

So sorry, montym. Do you absolutely have to be at work? Or is there anyone at work that you can have a little cry to? It's a horrible time - and you spend the day wondering how come everyone doesn't realise there should be another life in the world when you know that your world should be different today. Will you be able to go home and be with someone this evening who understands? Sending you thoughts and prayers. x

No5 Sun 19-Oct-08 14:53:07

Poor you, I understand it could have been important day in your life. You bound to be emotional and upset. I think you are dealing very well, if you feel like crying have good cry later. Do you have some1 close to talk after work.

childrenofthecornsilk Sun 19-Oct-08 14:57:57

sad

deanychip Sun 19-Oct-08 15:19:10

me too montym, my 3rd MC in March, would have been due about a week ago.(sad).
Been trying now for 11 months and nothing happened til mc.

tis sad and hard isnt it, my dads new wife is due now too, theirs was an "accident", pal had her new baby 3 days ago. I was the one in three that ends in mc sad AGAIN.

montym Sun 19-Oct-08 15:21:18

That sound tough deanychip, things will improve for you soon.

Thanks for your thoughts and good wishes everyone. I am not managing too well to keep it together unfortunately. Not due to go home til midnight.

NorthernLurker Sun 19-Oct-08 15:23:13

Can't you get off before then? Is there anybody to cover?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now