Talk

Advanced search

What's a miscarriage at 8 weeks like?

(7 Posts)
neolara Tue 30-Sep-08 20:03:18

Looks like I'm heading for my fourth miscarriage as I've started bleeding and lost all symptoms. Have a scan booked for tomorrow but just wanted to know what to expect if it goes wrong at 8 weeks. I saw a heartbeat last week but the baby was small for it's age (around the size of a six week foetus).

My MMC at 12 weeks was pretty horrific in terms of blood loss and I'm quite freaked out at the thought of having to deal with something similar at home. My other mcs have been earlier than 8 weeks and were physically not a big deal to cope with, although obviously completely gutting.

ilovethecake Tue 30-Sep-08 21:53:02

I am so sorry for your loses,i can't personally help you but i am sure some-one will come along soon with some words of wisdom for you, take care, thinking of you at this time, God Bless x

MatBackFeck Tue 30-Sep-08 21:56:54

so sorry neolara. Words can't say, I know. I had a mc at 8 weeks and would say it was somewhere between what you have already experienced sad. don't know what to say, if it's any help I didn't find the physical side too bad at this stage and it was, more or less, like a particularly heavy period although there is obviously a bit more.

SugaryBits Tue 30-Sep-08 22:03:14

Sorry for your loss neolara. I had a mc at 8 weeks in June, and have just mc at 10+5. The mc at 8 wks was much "easier" (sorry not the right word) physically. The blood loss was no worse than a heavyish period and tailed off after about 8 or 9 days. I was shocked at how much worse it was this time. Sorry you are going through this again x

Cadmum Wed 01-Oct-08 16:23:47

neolara,

I am hoping that you received good news at the scan today. I am still bleeding following a 9 week miscarriage and I am surprised by the blood loss but otherwise I feel OK.

Are you bleeding heavily? Do you feel crampy?

neolara Wed 01-Oct-08 16:52:50

Thanks all. Unfortunately the scan showed no heartbeat. I am booked in for a medically managed miscarriage next week, although it may happen naturally before then I guess.

Sorry also for everyone else's losses.

MatBackFeck Thu 02-Oct-08 14:48:08

so sorry. I hope you will get some good care and maybe some investigations into why this is happenning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now