Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pain / infection after natural miscarriage?

(5 Posts)
sarah76 Wed 24-Sep-08 11:22:53

Hi all, wondering if anyone has experienced something like this.

I had a natural miscarriage at 7 weeks (last Monday). Basically almost everything came out within four hours of the bad cramps/contractions starting. They said I had a bit left to pass but it should go naturally. I went two days later for a scan and they said it didn't look like anything was left inside. A few days later I passed something that was about 2 inches long and quite solid, like a miniature piece of liver (TMI?). I know this wasn't the embryo because I saw that the first night. I stopped bleeding after about 1 week but. . . .

Yesterday evening I was having pain on very low abdomen, slightly to the right side, kind of a throbbing pain on and off. Also started feeling weird and woozy like I do when I have a fever. I took my temp and it was sort of a high normal for me (normally have low body temp). I took paracetemol and within 45 minutes temp had dropped .2 degrees and I felt a lot better.

I'm wondering if I'm getting/fighting off some kind of infection? I know this can happen with ERPC, but does it also happen with natural miscarriages?

Pain is back this morning, not as bad. I don't think it's ovulation pain, feels different to that. Any ideas/experiences to share?

slightlycrumpled Wed 24-Sep-08 12:31:50

Hi Sarah, I'm afraid I don't have any real advice, although I was told to contact the gyane ward at any sign of high temperature etc. It probably wouldn't do any harm to call the hospital and ask. I do hope you are feeling better soon.

It's almost like adding insult to injury isn't it.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Cocolepew Wed 24-Sep-08 12:34:55

Sorry for you loss.

I would go to your GP or even A&E and asked to be checked over, the 'liver' was a clot which is natural to pass but I really would go and be seen if you are in pain and feverish.

All the best.

belgo Wed 24-Sep-08 12:35:29

Sorry for your loss Sarah76. It is possible to have an infection after a natural miscarriage, but it is unusual, especially as you have said that the scan seemed to show nothing was left.

I think you should phone your gynae ward or your GP for advice.

sadminster Wed 24-Sep-08 13:56:58

You need to seek medical help - I had an infection after a natural miscarriage at 12 weeks, I have never felt so ill in my life. Don't wait, please get checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now