Talk

Advanced search

M/C at 6 weeks, any advice, been TTC for a long time

(9 Posts)
RahRah1 Fri 19-Sep-08 08:11:45

Hi guys

Just found out yesterday I had a M/C at 6 weeks exactly.

We have been TTC for 4 years. We lost one pregnancy previously at 24 weeks, our son was born but later died in Neo-natal.

This is our second pregnancy and I'm absolutely devastated. The tears are defo flowing!

We have no other children and feel compelled to thinking the worst, that it will never happen for us.

Anyway, I need to feel positive and need some advice.

Do you ovulate before your next period?

How long before your next period?

When did the bleeding and pain stop? I started bleeding 2 nights ago, had big losses yesterday at the hospital and still getting very thick clotty blood today and pain....

Any positive advice?

Thanks guys XX

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 19-Sep-08 08:29:01

Very sorry to hear this RahRah.

Not really got advice, but wanted to let you know that I had a missed m/c discovered at 12 weeks (baby died at 8+3) after taking 3.5yrs to conceive. I went on to conceive again 7 months later and had dd, and am expecting ds in a couple of weeks (took 14 months of trying), so don't give up hope.

I had an ERPC with my m/c (was bleeding so heavily by then that it was that or a transfusion) so only bled (lightly) for about a week after that. It was then 42 days until my next period, but this varies wildly from woman to woman.

RahRah1 Fri 19-Sep-08 08:37:57

Hi CantSleepWontSleep

Thanks for your advice.

Many congratulations on the pending arrival of DS.

I just feel at the moment I can't bear waiting to conceive again... its so painful emotionally, but I suppose I will have to get over that to move forward and try again.

XX

mm1509 Fri 19-Sep-08 08:51:16

So sorry for what you are going thru. If it helps many of us have fallen pregnant quickly after mc apparently the pregnancy hormones in your system can make you more fertile. Just make sure you are dealing with the emotional side, if you need take time to deal with your loss. Do what you think is right for both of you and hopefully nature will take it's course. Don't give up. xx

peacelily Fri 19-Sep-08 09:06:44

Hi Rahrah, so sorry to hear of your loss, I started miscarrying on Sunday (6 weeks) and am still bleeding now. Am off work because I can't really face anyone and my job involves talking to people about their problems!!

I hope you start to ovulate again soon and best of luck big ((((((hugs))))) to you xx

sadminster Fri 19-Sep-08 09:08:51

RahRah I'm so sorry ... it is agony when you don't have living children and when you've been ttc for a very long time it feels so hopeless.

I don't know if you find it helpful to hear other people's experiences - I had a mc at 15 weeks after 4 years of ttc (we eventually had IVF). I conceived my living son the very next cycle, then conceived again when he was 16 months, unfortunately the baby died at 17 weeks so we are back in the awful ttc place again.

I find ttc hellish - the immediate reaction after a loss is that you need to be pg again as soon as possible & there are lots of ttc after loss forums but when you have fertility issues & it takes a long time they are really hard places to be. Everyone else moves on but you're just stuck there. It is very lonely

Springflower Fri 19-Sep-08 10:07:18

Hi RahRah

Sorry to hear about your experiences. I have had 4 miscarriages, two then 3 children, then another 2 and it took us 3 years to have my first child. I know the worry is that it wont ever happen. Were you getting any fertility treatment? I was prescribed clomid after my second mc not because I wasnt ovulating but just to regulate my periods as it took a long time for them to get back to normal after the first mc.

cmotdibbler Fri 19-Sep-08 10:14:06

RahRah - I'm so sorry about the mc and the death of your son.

I had 3 mcs before my DS was born, and wondered if it would ever happen.

You do ovulate before your period (DS is proof of this - we didn't wait to TTC, and consultant said there was no need to), and it can be anything from 4-9 weeks till your period turns up. Bleeding takes 1-2 weeks to stop.

Have you had clotting tests etc ? If not, you have a very good case for getting them done as you have had a neonatal death as well as the mc. One of the ladies here, Tinkerbellesmum, lost her first daughter at 21 weeks, but testing showed that she had Hughes syndrome, and she has a living daughter now too, thanks to medication.

RahRah1 Sat 20-Sep-08 22:42:34

HI all

Thanks for your messages.

peacelily - so sorry to hear about your M/C too. It must be horrible having to sit there at work and listen to other people's problems... I don't think I would be able to help myself but to shout at them... Hope you take as much time off work that you need.. BIG HUGS & LOTS OF LOVE Xxx

sadminster - So sorry to hear of your losses. sad.. you are so right about TTC. I find it so frustrating and it actually is depressing. I am dreading my first period and then second etc... but our clinic have said we can start IVF again in 2-3 months, so fingers crossed I will be emotionally strong enough to go ahead with that.

Springflower - Sorry to hear about your experiences too.. Yes we were doing IVF. I have also had IUI and clomid. The clomid worked really well, but just did not get pregnant.. GRRR...

cmotdibbler - Congratulations on your DS, sorry to hear about your M/C's before conceiving him, it must of been incredibly painful. Thanks for the info on ovulation and bleeding. That is good to hear.
Because my son died of neo-natal death you get tested for all clotting etc tests. I was all clear. But I bleed from 9 weeks with him, which was extremely heavy. I was even admitted to hospital for one month. The consultant who looked after me said it was indicative of a blood disorder but could not find anything in the tests he performed. I also got referred recently to a hematologist as my platelets and packed blood cells were down below normal and had been for the four years I had been with the fertility clinic and I also have an immune test (i think its called) IGa that is below normal (my brother has an immune deficiency syndrome) and I have PCO and bruising all the time. So he tested for lupus etc.. but again they all came back normal. So I have no idea. I have now been told it is likely I will be put on steroids, aspirin and heparin when I become pregnant next, because of all the clinical signs I have presented with, but need to see the consultant first before this being agreed.

Anyway.. thank you for everyone's help
Best wishes Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now