Talk

Advanced search

Having a miscarriage - will bleeding get worse?

(8 Posts)
GordonTheGopher Tue 16-Sep-08 19:25:54

MC started this morning. Just been like a period all day - not clotty or large amounts of blood and only mild cramping. Have been able to work and get on with stuff. Is it likely to get worse or will I get away with it just being like this? Could it go on for days?

MmeLindt Tue 16-Sep-08 19:27:05

Sorry not to be able to help, I did not bleed at all when I miscarried, but really sorry to hear that you are going through this.

monkeybumsmum Tue 16-Sep-08 20:24:05

Hi Gorgon, so sorry to hear your very sad news sad. How many weeks pregnant are you?

I had a mc at 8 weeks in May and started bleeding just like a period with mild but constant cramping. This went on for three days before I had a D&C, and then I had bleeding for about ten days after that. I would say that it is likely to continue for a while if you are letting things happen naturally. As for it getting worse, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that as I had the D&C.

I hope that you're getting lots of rest and that you have support round you. It is a devastating thing to happen. I will be thinking of you.

cmotdibbler Tue 16-Sep-08 20:26:49

Gordon- I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

It will get worse I'm afraid - hard to tell how much, or how painfull it will be, but you can expect a stage with (TMI sorry)lumps and clots. The bleeding can go on for one or two weeks.

lulumama Tue 16-Sep-08 20:27:38

really sorry honey. take painkillers if you are in pain.. x

mankymummy Tue 16-Sep-08 20:28:46

Really depends how far you were pg.

sorry you are going through this.

sarah76 Tue 16-Sep-08 21:06:29

Hi Gordon, I was on the antenatal club thread with you. My experience was basically passing a big clot (about 3 inches across) last night after lots of pretty bad cramping for about four hours. Since then the bleeding has been more like a period and cramps like a period as well. I managed to go to the mall today and pick out a wedding dress, but felt tired and needed paracetamol for pain.

I guess we are all different, it might be that yours happens more gradually. The EPU is having me back tomorrow morning for a scan to make sure it is all gone. Maybe you should try to get yourself seen as it's not good if it stays inside you. Also they will want to check you're not bleeding too much (check your iron levels and such). They did an internal exam with me and said there was still something up there that they thought would pass out easily enough.

GordonTheGopher Wed 17-Sep-08 07:31:59

Thanks. It's got heavier overnight with worse cramps. I had no idea it could go on for that long so thanks for the warning! I'm having a blood test tomorrow to see if levels have dropped enough, so will ask about a scan.

I was only 5wks 4 days. But I don't think much had grown at all - much like my MMC in May.

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now