Talk

Advanced search

Anyone found out that they had a chromosome problem?

(4 Posts)
HappyThoughts Fri 12-Sep-08 13:38:27

I have had 2 ectopics and 3 micarriages.

The last miscarriage was a mmc at 10 weeks.

This time, we managed to get the embryo sent away for karyotyping and the results have shown a chromosomal abnormality (trisomy 15 to be precise).

Both my partner and I are now being tested to see if there is anything wrong with our chromosomes.

We have no idea what this could mean for us now. Is there anyone here that has been through similar that wouldn't mind sharing some details of their experience?

lljkk Fri 12-Sep-08 13:51:12

Thomcat had similar genetic screening, her DD has a type of Downs that is supposed to be partly inherited (in my simple understanding). You could search archives for Thomcat, or post in the special needs section to get her attention.

Uki Sat 13-Sep-08 11:56:23

hi happytoughts

so sorry for your losses, if you or your partner test positive to chromosonal abnormalities you will probably then be refered to a geneticist, who can then work out your odds for the abnormality to happen again. or can work out further test or even arrange IVF with pre genetic diagnosis (PGD) that can test the embroy before it is implanted.

i have had 4 miscarriages and I tested positive to chromosonal imbalance, although i also have had 2 children now. It is good that you are being assessed as there is so much they can do, try not to worry too much, we live in a lucky era.

Thomcat Sat 13-Sep-08 20:48:36

Hi HappyThoughts

I haven't been through what you are going through but DP and I were tested and given genetic counselling.

Our DD has Down's syndrome. She has familial translocation, which normally means one of the parents carries the extra chromosome. However on testing us it turns out that she is a fluke translocation. Just one of those wonderful things! smile

Anyway, I wish you love and luck. TC x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now