Talk

Advanced search

has anyone experienced this im so confused!

(18 Posts)
lovemy2angels Thu 11-Sep-08 12:14:11

Hi im new to this so sorry if post is a bit long. I had a natural miscarriage 5 weeks ago i was 6 weeks pregnant my hcg levels were taken 2202, 2 days later 1782 and 4 days later 900. As i was going away on holiday i was asked to do a test at home when i returned and to go back if this was positive. Over the last week pregnacy symptoms have returned im in and out of the toilet all day my boobs are tingling and sore so i did the test on monday which was positive. consultant saw me on tue and I was given a scan they said they thought they could see something attatched to the wall of the uterus but couldnt be sure, so hcg was repeated and i was told to return today. Later that afternoon the nurse called to say my hcg result was only 85 so not to go back today but wait another week and do another home test they will see me again if this is positive. I asked the doctor what he thought was happening at the appt tue he said he was ruling nothing out but was quite dismissive that it could be a new pregnancy even though while i was outside i overheard him tell the nurse he suspected new pregnancy! im so confused and the thought of waiting another week is unbearable. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any advice please i feel like im going mad.

StormInanEcup Fri 12-Sep-08 08:59:43

Message withdrawn

lovemy2angels Fri 12-Sep-08 09:43:34

Ive seen 4 different doctors at the epau all saying totally different things its just so confusing and my husband is so wound up about my treatment by the hospital staff he cant even bring himself to come to appointments with me anymore.nothing has ever really been explained to me since i was told it was a miscarriage 5 weeks ago over the telephone by a rather unpleasant nurse. Ive had no pain or bleeding for well over 3 weeks now. I dont really know alot about how hcg levels decline but it dropped by 1300 in the first 4 days why is it taking so long to get from 900 to 0?. It could be possible its a new pregancy, but im trying to push that thought to the back of my mind not easy when your feeling pregnant though

Springflower Fri 12-Sep-08 09:54:50

Hi, At my last miscarriage I had to go back every week until the hcg level fell below 500 and it did take quite a long time - at least 4 weeks but maybe longer so it could just still be going down. It does sound like noones giving you clear information which makes it hard. The fact that they have seen something though suggests either a new pregnancy or something retained - did you have a scan following the miscarriage that showed everything gone?

lovemy2angels Fri 12-Sep-08 10:18:24

I was given a scan the day after the bleeding started all they could see was a gestation sac and a repeat was scheduled for 2 weeks later. Another doctor then reviewed my case when the blood test came back and said that the repeat scan was a pointless excercise as it was just a normal miscarriage and everything should return to normal within 2 weeks. The scan i was given this week showed something attatched to the wall similar to first scan but smaller and in a different place the doctor said it was probably nothing and to wait and see what the repeat hcg said in 48 hrs time yet again another doctor got involved and cancelled the appointment. I really need to move on but untill i get some kind of answer its impossible

Dropdeadfred Fri 12-Sep-08 10:28:32

Sorry you are going through this...I have had 6 mcs and they were all different...with one in particular I continued to feel pregnant, also felt blaoted, put on weight etc...It took almost 6 weeks of very very slowly decreasing hcg levels..i think i finally got a def neative test about 7 weeks after the initial bleeding.

These things really do sap your happness for a while, I hope you get your answers soon so you can move on.

lovemy2angels Fri 12-Sep-08 10:41:58

I had been feeling ok untill i woke up and all the pregancy syptoms were back, my body telling me im pregnant my head telling me im not. As supportive as my hubby is its not something he can understand so talking to him about it is hard. Im in two minds about doing another test today on one hand if its negative i can finally try to move on if not its another 3 days of wait and see

StormInanEcup Sun 14-Sep-08 13:33:21

Message withdrawn

lovemy2angels Mon 15-Sep-08 09:34:08

well did another test today, still positive waiting for the epau to call back as the doctor wants to review my notes before they decide if they want me to go for repeat bloods now or wait and do another test next week, this is getting really frustrating now

StormInanEcup Mon 15-Sep-08 09:39:15

Message withdrawn

lovemy2angels Mon 15-Sep-08 15:31:10

the return phone call didnt happen just called epau, apparently the doctor was too busy to look at my notes today so now they will be calling me tomorrow

StormInanEcup Mon 15-Sep-08 17:34:36

Message withdrawn

lovemy2angels Tue 16-Sep-08 09:22:21

have spoken to my gp, who is less than happy waiting for him to call me back as he is speaking to egau on my behalf could have my bloods done at the surgery but they wont get results for 48 hours epau gets them back same day so thats the better option. Hopefully gp will get somewhere

StormInanEcup Tue 16-Sep-08 12:06:28

Message withdrawn

lovemy2angels Tue 16-Sep-08 15:37:43

Ive been booked in for a scan at 3.30 tomorrow so hopefully that will shed some light on whats going on

StormInanEcup Wed 17-Sep-08 00:08:43

Message withdrawn

fortyplus Wed 17-Sep-08 00:12:16

Without wanting to raise your hopes - this happened to a friend of mine and it turned out she was still pg. Doc said she must've been carrying twins and only one miscarried.

ilovethecake Fri 19-Sep-08 23:30:57

hello lovemy2angels, i have been following your thread and wondered how you are doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now