Talk

Advanced search

need some advice

(8 Posts)
saraheb Thu 11-Sep-08 07:37:18

I am not sure if this has happened to anyone else and am wondering if I should go back to the doctor.

I had my second mc just over 4 weeks ago. Almost 2 weeks ago I had an ERPC and then my bleeding was on and off for just over a week. Now less than a week later I have started bleeding again. It was heavy enough to go through my underwear and through to my pyjamas and I am back to wearing pads again.

I don't know if this is my period (although it seems quick as I was warned it could be 6 weeks after the ERPC) or something wrong following the ERPC?

Can anyone help, please?

andiem Thu 11-Sep-08 07:41:49

hi sarah so sorry for your loss I think it is probably your period if it is fresh blood
if it is old blood or a bit smelly I would see your gp
hope all is ok

saraheb Thu 11-Sep-08 07:52:36

Thanks for your quick reply andiem. It is a mix of old and new, with old looking clots(sorry if tmi).

Unfortunately I have no sense of smell and so never know if anything smells! Maybe I should go just in case?

belgo Thu 11-Sep-08 07:53:43

sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I do think you should get yourself checked out just in case, it could be nothing, but it's better to have that reassurance from a doctor.

andiem Thu 11-Sep-08 09:34:33

agree with belgo I would go to see the gp if it is old blood and clots
take carex

saraheb Thu 11-Sep-08 20:59:40

I tried to get in to see the doc today but there were no appointments. I have been told to ring in the morning after 8am. I will try but as I will already be at work then I may not be able to phone until morning break at 10.45. Hope I will be able to get in to see him at the evening surgery if I am still the same.

Thanks for the advice, andiem and belgo, its good to have a group of people to turn to when I need reassurrance. I was worried I would be wasting the docs time if it was just AF.

andiem Fri 12-Sep-08 09:26:29

hi sarah hope you get seen today
ax

saraheb Sat 13-Sep-08 08:37:58

many thanks, andiem - yes got into doc on Friday - same day that everything changed and indicated a normal AF. Looks like my hormones are back on track already and the countdown to try again begins!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now