Talk

Advanced search

Is this a chemical pregnancy?

(23 Posts)
Jael Fri 29-Aug-08 12:50:49

I've posted this on the conception board as well, but no-one has replied...

I had my BFP on the new clearblue digi on tuesday,and another BFP on wednesday and yesterday morning. However, I went to the doctors on Wednesday because I have been having ALOT of painful cramps and bachache, she arranged a scan at the hosp for me yesterday. When I got there, I had an ultrasound, she couldn't find anbything at all, so she then did an internal,with camera etc, again she couldn't find anything at all, no sign of being pregnant at all. She did say the lining of my womb was thick but thats probably because my periods due?! She then made me do a pg test which was negative, and told me it probably is a CP and I'm probably going to start AF anytime soon. I'm really upset, am i just waiting for AF to start? That's what it feels like, although my boobs still hurt and I feel sicky. But I've still got really bad belly cramps and backache...Jael x

orangehead Fri 29-Aug-08 12:53:21

How late is your period? Persuming you are just a few days late there is no way the pregancy would show up even on an internal scan

Jael Fri 29-Aug-08 12:59:29

I'm not exactly sure, that's the thing. I had a mirena coil in and had it removed 10th July. Period started 27th July. So I'm CD34 today, and due to start my period anyday now i guess. The sonographer basically told me that my period is probably going to start anyday now, I just don't understand why I'd have 3 positive results, I've had no spotting/bleeding, but very very bad cramps and backache.

orangehead Fri 29-Aug-08 13:08:19

It wouldnt show up on the scan then. I know easy said then done but think you just have to sit it out and see. Cramps can be a bad sign, but a lot of women have bad cramps and bleeding and still have a healthy baby. One of my preg's I got bfp then a couple of days later bfn then next day bfp, I did eventually lose it but a few weeks later. If your period doesnt come in next couple of days I would test again and stick with the same brand. Sorry I cant suggest anything better

HairyToe Fri 29-Aug-08 20:13:29

Sorry you're going thro' this Jael. Have you done any pregnancy tests since Wednesday?

Jael Fri 29-Aug-08 21:39:04

Yeh, I did one at home yesterday (thursday) which was positive and one this morning which was positive. I feel like I'm going to start AF anytime though, the cramps are so bad. The sonographer can't be wrong I guess...

orangehead Fri 29-Aug-08 23:58:02

Hope you ok Jael. Let us know how things go. Is this your 1st preg?

Jael Sat 30-Aug-08 09:16:01

Still got the cramps and backache, had an early night last night. I've got a daughter 2 1/2. I never had cramps or anything with her. That's what's confused me abit. I had a scan with her at 7 weeks and they could see loads on the screen, yet I've just had one at 4w 5d and they couldn't see any sign of pregnancy at all?

orangehead Sat 30-Aug-08 09:35:18

They cant normally see anything an scan till about 6 weeks. I had menstrual cramps with all my pregs, I did have 3 mc but also have two sons and had bad cramps and heavy bleeding with them. Sorry you are going through this, its horrible not knowing

orangehead Sun 31-Aug-08 19:05:21

How are things jael

orangehead Tue 02-Sep-08 19:29:18

Hope you ok jael

Jael Wed 03-Sep-08 12:59:23

Hiya, well I did a test this morning and it's still positive. I've got a scan booked for 12th September, so they'll be able to tell me more then hopefully. The cramps have calmed down, I'm still getting them from time to time throughout the day, but nowhere near as bad as they were, Jael x

EmilyRae Wed 03-Sep-08 13:13:01

What are your hcg levels?

Jael Wed 03-Sep-08 15:45:54

They havn't done any tests or anything. I got sent from the hospital last thursday, and told to come back in two weeks.

HairyToe Wed 03-Sep-08 15:55:09

I'm no expert but when I had a chemical pregnancy the pregnancy tests became more 'inconclusive' pretty quickly and then I got a negative the day after I started bleeding.

Sorry you're left in this 'limbo' position. I'm confused about why you have to wait for so long. I'm sure using an internal scan they can see a pregnancy earlier than that. I had a mmc a couple of months ago and when nothoing showed up on the ultrasound she did an internal scan and found a foetus (not viable obviously) measuring 6 1/2 to 7 weeks.

Good luck eith your wait- I really hope if all works out for you and you have a good outcome. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

ThisTooWillPass Wed 03-Sep-08 16:05:20

Message withdrawn

EmilyRae Wed 03-Sep-08 17:41:37

Please read my topic THREATENED MISCARRIAGE, im going through something similar, i've had 3 hcg test a vaginal scan which showed nothing and my pregnancy test are all positive, i've tested everyday, today i had my darkest positive and the fastest! My cervix is closed i started out spotting and now and bleeding with no pain my period was due almost 2 weeks ago.

Springflower Wed 03-Sep-08 20:14:25

I'm also thinking it sounds positive for you Jael. When I've been pregnant my main symptom has been feeling like my period is coming and it just never coming (and then testing positive). I also had a scan once at 5 weeks and they couldnt see anything but said that it all looked fine as the lining of the womb was thick and the pregnancy went on to be fine. I have had 4 miscarriages and none of them sound like what you are describing. Hope you have good news soon.

orangehead Thu 04-Sep-08 10:16:00

I think it sounds positive too. Dont forget in early preg your uterus starts changing to accomdate for the baby so sometimes it is quite normal for cramps as everything is changing inside. Tbh I think it was very silly for them to scan you this early I have always been refused till I was at least 6 1/2 weeks. Would it be worth asking for some bloods to be taken to see if your hcg levels are rising?

orangehead Tue 09-Sep-08 20:10:58

Hope you ok Jael

Jael Thu 11-Sep-08 13:30:56

I'm going for a scan tomorrow afternoon to see what's going on, fingers crossed X

orangehead Fri 12-Sep-08 09:46:45

Positive vibes for the scan. Hope everything ok

orangehead Sat 13-Sep-08 14:33:38

hope you ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now