Talk

Advanced search

No period 6 weeks after mmc at 12 weeks - how long did your next period take to arrive?

(17 Posts)
BeHereNow Fri 22-Aug-08 09:41:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BeHereNow Fri 22-Aug-08 12:41:31

BeHereNow Fri 22-Aug-08 12:42:08

justjules Fri 22-Aug-08 12:43:33

i am sorry about your mc sad

did you have surgery for you mmc?

did you bleed 6 weeks ago and then waiting for your first 'natural' period?

bethoo Fri 22-Aug-08 12:46:24

sometiems they scan you to check that poc (products of conception) are not still in there.
are you still bleeding?
i would take a preg test to confirm that the hormones are gone, you may be ovulating now and due a period in 2 weeks.
some people it takes longer than others.
i conceived 2 months after bleeding had finished from my mm/c.

BeHereNow Fri 22-Aug-08 12:57:01

BeHereNow Fri 22-Aug-08 13:02:20

sadminster Fri 22-Aug-08 13:38:50

I'll be 6 weeks on Monday - still waiting (although I feel decidedly pre menstrual), I don't think I've ovulated since the mc, pregnancy test was negative 3 weeks ago.

Following previous losses I've always had my period by 6 weeks - this one was later though (17 weeks) so maybe that's why.

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 22-Aug-08 13:47:39

42 days for me.

Sorry to hear about mc.

BeHereNow Fri 22-Aug-08 13:56:05

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 22-Aug-08 14:07:38

Yes, keep yourself busy. I obsessed quite a bit after mine (had taken 3.5 yrs to conceive), which prob wasn't overly healthy. Next pregnancy went fine, though it's hard not to worry.

BeHereNow Fri 22-Aug-08 14:12:17

HairyToe Fri 22-Aug-08 17:06:54

28 days for me - but during the cycle that followed I didn't feel things were happening properly at all (weird spotting and cramping, no CM etc.). Had my next period 27 days after. This cycle feels a bit more normal so hoping things are working ok again.

Sblubby Sun 24-Aug-08 17:19:08

Just got mine after about 5 weeks since the ERPC - had a missed MC at 12 weeks - similar to yours I think - little one just hadn't got past 7 weeks but placenta etc was developing normally. Amazed at amount of blood loss in this period and overwhelmed by hormones with a very dark mood and a face full of spots! Just had 'shall we, shan't we' with DH, he wants to wait at least another month. It's hard not to wish your life away and I'm not sure you can over be distracted from this by anything other than a positive test. Phew.

BeHereNow Sun 24-Aug-08 18:34:14

Sblubby Mon 25-Aug-08 15:18:06

Hi BeHereNow - thanks for responding. Also had contractions - had to wait 4 days for ERPC but no-one at the hospital gave me the heads up about the pain after the scan which was totally shocking. Went back to hosp and they gave me sleeping tablets and co-codymol which didn't even touch the sides.
I understand the urgency. When I fell I was 34 so was feeling massive relief if not a bit of smugness if I'm honest after years of waiting for DH to be ready and worrying I'd left it too late. V different feeling when you MC and two weeks later you turn 35!
I think you should contact dr after 42 days like you said, if only to put your mind at rest. It may be different when you don't have the procedure - a friend said it was nearly 7 weeks after she naturally miscarried.

BeHereNow Mon 25-Aug-08 19:47:47

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now