Advanced search

ERPC tomorrow

(8 Posts)
DoomBar Mon 18-Aug-08 22:21:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

expatinscotland Mon 18-Aug-08 22:23:25

i am so sorry for your loss.

you are not alone.

i had an ERPC privately and my GYN said it wasn't necessary to soften things up, especially as i'd had two previous vaginal deliveries.

he said the rods used to dilate the cervix are quite small.

Denny185 Mon 18-Aug-08 22:23:41

I dont know anything about it but wanted to say sorry for your loss and hope all goes ok tomorrow.

HumphreyHassock Mon 18-Aug-08 22:23:48

Oh sweetheart, sorry for your loss.
I haven't had Misoprostol, but have had an ERPC, and it was fine.
I was terrified, of course, but the staff were great, and it was all over quite quickly.
I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.
Take care. smile

onthepier Tue 19-Aug-08 09:16:19

So sorry about your miscarriage Doombar, I had two ERPC's after the birth of my first child, wasn't told to take any drugs beforehand, just went straight in + out the same day. Didn't have any pain afterwards.

After the 2nd miscarriage I fell pregnant again + gave birth to a lovely, healthy son.

Do hope everything works out for you.

Habbibu Wed 20-Aug-08 20:34:49

So sorry, Doombar. I had misoprostol for my first ERPC this year, and when I was induced with dd1 (she died at 21 weeks) - in both cases I got achy crampy pains after a while, but it wasn't too bad. Had 2 EPRC's this year (it was a molar pregnancy) and both fine - no pain, no discomfort. I was tired afterwards - make sure you've nothing planned for the day after, so you can lie on the sofa and doze.
It's really hard to have tried for so long and then lose your baby - I'm so sorry, and hope that things go better for you soon. Keep us posted - and welcome to Mumsnet!

Habbibu Wed 20-Aug-08 20:38:25

Should also mention - you may get an antibiotic suppository - also painless, but you have to stay put in bed for half an hour afterwards, so mention the IBS if you think this will be problematic. I had to use a dish in the loo every time I went - they need to check, in case you start to bleed or pass anything. None of this is particularly unpleasant, tbh, but you have a lot to take in, and sometimes it's as well to be forewarned. Take some books or magazines too. Hope it all goes well.

Habbibu Wed 20-Aug-08 22:21:20

Oh, god - I'm an idiot - didn't check the date! Hope it all went well and you're taking it easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now