Talk

Advanced search

Miscarrying on holiday and thoroughly hacked off

(20 Posts)
vonsudenfed Sat 09-Aug-08 23:00:40

Second miscarriage; it started a few days ago, spotting dark blood just like the first one. And I thought that I wasn't so upset as before - at least I have had dd in between, life's OK.

But actually, I am upset and pissed off. I've just started to bleed properly, and I daren't go to bed as I'm staying in my friend's flat and am terrified I will wreck her best bed (she's away). This is my holiday, and I've spent it going back to the EPU I went to when we used to live in London.

Today, also, her fridge broke, the sink flooded with lots of stinky water from the nappy wash, it's raining and now I am not going to get to go to sleep. I am sitting on a towel on the sofa in case I wreck her furnishings too (last time I miscarried it was pretty unpleasant).

And I'm 42 and may never get to have a second child.

And it's saturday night, so I'm not really expecting anyone to be around, but at least I feel better for getting it off my chest.

Kif Sat 09-Aug-08 23:03:18

sad how lousy.

.I'd stop viewing it as holiday - and rename it 'kind to yourself' time. Try to plan another holiday for better times?

vonsudenfed Sat 09-Aug-08 23:09:43

Yes, that would be nice.

Oddly enough, I'd really rather be at home now. Then at least I could distract myself by tidying out a cupboard or something! Last thing I want to do now is relax and read books...

DillyTanty Sat 09-Aug-08 23:11:05

oh fucksakes, vonsudenfed, i'm so sorry. sad

NorthernLurker Sat 09-Aug-08 23:12:28

How horrible for you. That is lousy and unfair and miserable. Can you just go home tomorrow? I'm normally a fan of just carrying on etc but in your shoes I'd want my own bed and my own space.

vonsudenfed Sat 09-Aug-08 23:23:05

We're going for lunch with my brother tomorrow; I am not sure what is worse carrying on or having to explain to him. Probably the latter.

And I think it will be all over tomorrow, won't plague you nice people with tmi but I think it's all out now. (thank the lord it was a blighted ovum, so nothing I didn't want to see).

But it is shite. I was going to tell my parents next week (it's 10 weeks, my body is very good at holding on, even when there's no hope). Fuck and damn.

DillyTanty Sat 09-Aug-08 23:25:20

oh fuck, i am so sorry, you poor thing. it's shite, isn't it? sad

ButterflyMcQueen Sat 09-Aug-08 23:26:25

thoughts with you x

JonahTakalua Sat 09-Aug-08 23:29:05

so sorry, vonsudenfed. sad

could your brother come over to you tomorrow, so you can slob around at your friend's flat instead?

DillyTanty Sat 09-Aug-08 23:30:48

or could db take your other child out for a wee while?

vonsudenfed Sat 09-Aug-08 23:35:58

All good thoughts; I'll see what I feel like tomorrow. Who knows, I may even enjoy the distraction of a trip out to darkest Camberwell (as long as no one shoots me in the supermarket!).

3andnomore Sat 09-Aug-08 23:43:01

Just wanted to say, that I am sorry for you!

DisplacementActivity Sun 10-Aug-08 00:00:59

Message withdrawn

DisplacementActivity Sun 10-Aug-08 00:02:29

Message withdrawn

becklespeckle Sun 10-Aug-08 00:11:10

So sorry sad, my body always holds on too - it is shite as it gives you false hope. My only advice is to do what makes you feel good and stuff everyone else - your feelings are what matter for the time being so snuggle your DD, go home, eat chocolate, watch crap TV or do whatever you need to do to cope x

vonsudenfed Tue 12-Aug-08 13:11:08

Thankyou for all the nice messages everyone

Well I'm back at home, which is some small blessing, but have spent the last three days just passing more blood and stuff than I could have imagined possible. And each time I thought it had to have finished, it came back the next day for more.

Does anyone have any experience of this? I was ten weeks - missed miscarriage - and have no idea how long this will go on for. I scarcely dare go out (was driven home sitting on the change mat and a plastic bag...) in case it happens again.

I am tired, fed up and forty two. And now I need a holiday.

roseability Tue 12-Aug-08 13:48:26

Hi there

I am having a much earlier miscarriage (was only 5 weeks) but I have been bleeding heavily with clots since last thursday. I feel absolutely wiped out. It is just horrible isn't it

vonsudenfed Tue 12-Aug-08 13:55:41

hello there I remember your thread.

It's pretty grim isn't it- I had a miscarriage a couple of years ago, but don't remember it going on quite so badly. I keep almost going into the hospital because I am bleeding so much, then it stops. And then starts again on the M4.

How are you doing though in yourself? I'm rather missing the nice EPAU in London who keep asking me how I am - the drs here are a bit, oh well, shit happens.

Jackstini Tue 12-Aug-08 13:59:23

Hi vsf - so sorry to hear this. sad I had a D&C with my mmc but stil bled for about 3 days afterwards. It is a miserable time - try and give yourself a treat whilst you are at home. I remember thinking well if I have to be in this shitty situation it's damn well going to be with a hot bubble bath, a flake and glass of chardonnay...

CatIsSleepy Tue 12-Aug-08 14:00:36

ah poor you vonsudenfed
am so sorry.
take care of yourself-hope you get your holiday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now