Talk

Advanced search

Sorry if TMI does this sound like another miscarriage?

(2 Posts)
mermaid31 Sat 09-Aug-08 18:43:37

Hello everyone,

I have had two miscarriages, the first one last year on holiday. The second one was this year in May. I didn't even know that I was pregnant when I had the first one, thought that I was having a really heavy period and the large clot that came out, was just a clot. Then in May I had a bfp and then started bleeding three days later. All of the symptoms were the same as last time, I had an immense pain the fourth day of bleeding and then in the evening I again passed a large amount of tissue. I went to the docs and she said that I can't have tests until I had had 3 mc. Great, I thought I have to go through all that again before they find out what is wrong with me. Then I felt a bit weird last week before af started. My boobs were really sore for two weeks, much more so than usually and I had spotting about a week before. Then the last few days I have had really heavy bleeding and have passed quite a few clots/tissues. Today I had to get off the tube and go to the loo at Kings cross and there was so much blood that I honestly didn't know if I would make it out of the cubicle. I think that it is another mc but I didn't do a test or anything, but I really want to go the doctors and say please send me for more tests, I m so pissed off with it all. Do you think that the doc will insist I wait for another one? Sorry it was so long, I just have to tell some one about it.

sadminster Sat 09-Aug-08 19:46:31

Test now - tests are positive for a while after a miscarriage (my early mcs test positive for a week or so after bleeding starts). Obviously the earlier it is the lower hcg levels will be & the more rapidly it will be cleared. I know a lot of people say there's no point in testing until your period is late but if you have miscarriages it is really useful to know what's going on - I chart & always test at 13dpo - information is power.

The guidelines for referral now are 1 loss after 12 weeks, 2 between 8 & 12 or 3 before 8. It is down the the GP's discretion as well - don't believe them if they say they can't refer you for whatever reason because it isn't true.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now