Talk

Advanced search

second early miscarriage in a row. Very low

(10 Posts)
roseability Fri 08-Aug-08 08:46:47

Going through my second very early miscarriage in a row. Negative test this morning (should be 5 weeks today) and started bleeding yesterday. Last cycle was a chemical pregnancy. I feel so low, it is just not fair. We are lucky as we have a DS aged 2 but we desperately want a little brother/sister for him.

Why has this happened? I have PCOS, is it related?

Went to GP yesterday and he was very rude and dismissive

I am a nurse and supposed to be on night shift tonight - can't face it but can't call in sick as they have a policy of calling you for interview if you have so many abscences (?sp) in a year. I have already had one such interview last year sad

LullyMummaOfOne Fri 08-Aug-08 10:07:33

Hi, i am sorry to hear of your loss. Like you i also have a DS who is 2 and im just getting over my MS from 3 weeks ago. Althoughi feel the luckiest person in the world to have such a perfect child i still want more.

If i was you i wouldnt think twice about going into work. You did not know this was going to happen and its not like your calling in sick from having a cold. Your having a miscarriage and if your work place can not be supportive and allow you time to recover then i would consider not working there at all. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it make me so cross to think you would get a telling off for what your going through.

I dont have any answers as to why this has happened, we will probably never know. Its just one of lifes puzzles where the pieces wont fit!

Have you tried speaking to a female doctor, i find them more understanding than the male ones.

I wish you lots of luch for baby #2, let hope we are both lucky nect time. x

Springflower Fri 08-Aug-08 10:10:14

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. I know that having a child already doesnt always make it easier. I think its perfectly reasonable to be off sick for having a miscarriage even if it means you have to have an interview. We have to have them everytime we are off and I dont think anyone could argue that you shouldnt be off after a miscarriage. You need some time to let yourself recover. I know its really hard when you are going through this and really want to be pregnant. Hope things work out for you.

roseability Fri 08-Aug-08 11:14:40

Thanks guys. My MIL is looking after my DS today so that I can get some rest. I feel like I can't cope with him today, yet at the same time I miss him dreadfully and feel lonely without him.

I am not bleeding that heavily yet but I am very crampy and sore. I feel so much for those who go through a later miscarriage or missed miscarriage etc, it must be very traumatic.

I think because I had a chemical pregnancy last time, I naively thought it wouldn't happen again. This time it has happened so early again but still built my hopes/dreams up. We are just moving my DS into the bigger spare room and I was so excited about filling his nursery with another baby.

QueenyEisGotTheBall Fri 08-Aug-08 11:22:31

hi rosability so sorry you are going through thissad
i myself have had 3 MCs. 1 later at 14weeks and my recent 2 (april and june 08) were at 5 weekssad it is an awful situation to find yourself in and especially when you are so excited and the baby is much wantedsad you need to take time to greive for the lost baby so im sure your workplace would have to be sympathetic to you. take care xx
xx ei xx

kay5 Fri 08-Aug-08 15:57:37

hi, am very new to all this but have joined as i have recently been told that at what should be a 7 week scan that i am goin to miscarry and that they cannot see a foetal pole. am extremely upset as this was a much wanted and tried for baby. i count my blessings as i already have a beautiful daughter of 3 but cant help thinking why me? i understand what you are going through as im feeling the same. take care. Xx

roseability Fri 08-Aug-08 19:20:59

So sorry kay5, it really is tough. I feel exhausted and have heavy bleeding on and off so I just phoned my work and cancelled my shift. I can't face it. I do feel a bit of a fraud as I'm not exactly ill but I am so relieved not to be going in and trying not to burst into tears all the time.

Are you bleeding yet kay5? Could your dates be wrong? Will they repeat the scan?

WorzselMummage Sat 09-Aug-08 11:58:00

sorry your having to go though this ((()))

lilmumma88 Wed 13-Aug-08 17:50:00

heya all i dont normaly use chatrooms but i dont have anyone close to me that knows what it is like to miscarry.i already have a 2year old bot but am desperate to give him a little bro or sis,unfortunately i have miscarried twice in 5months(once at 5 n a half weeks n once at 6n a bit weeks).being on here makes me realise im not alone.take care every1 x

OracleInaCoracle Wed 13-Aug-08 17:54:48

im so sorry that this is happening. it really is the shittiest thing ever. i have had 7 early mc's and 1 ep since my son was born 3.5y ago, and the first 3 were definately the hardest for me to deal with emotionally. its crap and i wish i had answers for you both x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now