Talk

Advanced search

A letter to my 15 month old daughter

(15 Posts)
BlueCornflower Tue 05-Aug-08 20:52:44

Did anyone see this? It's beautiful.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/aug/02/familyandrelationships4

(Sorry - can never do the link thing properly.)

PinkPussyCat Tue 05-Aug-08 20:55:50

So poignantsad

LullyMummaOfOne Wed 06-Aug-08 11:54:27

So touching, infact it bought a tear to my eye.

LilRedWG Wed 06-Aug-08 11:58:15

Beautiful letter.

Hulababy Wed 06-Aug-08 11:59:30

Link here

belgo Wed 06-Aug-08 11:59:50

'So this is really a thank you letter to you, Sweet Pea. Thank you for being constantly at my side, for making me laugh, for opening my eyes to a fresh view of the world, for helping me through this. I know I couldn't have got this far without you.'

That is so true. My children were a huge comfort to me when I had my miscarriages.

Pinkjenny Wed 06-Aug-08 11:59:58

Crying at my desk again.

Hulababy Wed 06-Aug-08 12:03:10

Touching letter.

winemakesmummyclever Wed 06-Aug-08 13:03:15

Lovely, touching and humbling letter.

I had a mmc last year and my ds (aged 18m then) was my, and dh's, salvation. A beautiful, funny and cheeky little ray of sunshine through a very dark time.

I am now 10w pg. I have my first scan this afternoon. I have told dh that it is his job to look at the screen asap and make sure that there is a fh this time. He just joked about making sure it's not twins, trying to lighten my mood, bless him.

<<winey slopes off to drink lots of water and crosses her fingers, but will probably need to cross her legs too after all the water>>

SpandexIsMyEnemy Wed 06-Aug-08 13:05:27

when I had my last m/c last year, I don't think I could have survived it without DS. he was the ray of hope and a beacon of light amongst the darkest hours.

sweetkitty Wed 06-Aug-08 13:05:53

WMMC - I remember you from last year congratulations

I can understand my other two DDs got me through my mc last year two especially DD2 who was 18 months at the time.

I feel very lucky now am typing this one handed holding my newborn, my little miracle

winemakesmummyclever Wed 06-Aug-08 19:12:46

Sweetkitty - thank you and congratulations on your little miracle. Hope you and your family are well and settling into life with the new baby.

Have had scan and all is well. Still, nothing is the same as holding that lo in your arms for the first time is it? Roll on February!

sweetkitty Wed 06-Aug-08 19:23:37

Brillinat news WMMC never stops you totally worrying I love it when they start kicking you too but your right nothing is as good as holding them in your arms, now go and enjoy your pregnancy now and I'll look out for your birth announcement in Feb grin

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 06-Aug-08 19:29:32

I read this on Saturday and just cried sad

Glad scan went well wmmc.

BeHereNow Wed 13-Aug-08 17:25:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now