Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lost all symptoms

(13 Posts)
Tryingtobe Wed 30-Jul-08 13:01:53

Hi..I'm 8 weeks pregnant. had a scan at 7 and saw heartbeat. Lost all symptoms on Sunday of this week...waited trying to be calm but they're not back. What can I do? Do I have to wait for a scan?

RuthChan Wed 30-Jul-08 13:22:35

What symptoms did you lose?
Have you had any bleeding?

Tryingtobe Wed 30-Jul-08 13:25:02

hi ruth... I didn't have massive symptoms but had cravings/aversions, nausea for a good part of the day, sore nipples, tiredness...Just a general "pregnant feeling". All gone...with no bleeding. Just feel totally normal.

WorzselMummage Wed 30-Jul-08 13:34:44

This happened to me, i had a scan at 7+1 which was fine, I lost all my symptoms at around 9 weeks and waited till my 12 week scan at 12+6 to be told the baby had indeed died at 9 weeks. I was distraught because i felt that i knew something was wrong but didnt trust my own intuition because i hadnt had any bleeding and had been told be eveyone that i was just being stupid.

I think loss of symptoms can be a sign that there is a problem but it isnt always, i know a lot of people who have had a simelar experience to me symptoms wise and have gone on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies so i hope i havent terrified you, symptoms can come and go during pregnancy, its normal.

If i were you i'd go and see your Dr, i'm sure they will be able to arrange another scan for you or if they say no you could pay to have a viability scan privatly.

RuthChan Wed 30-Jul-08 13:38:36

Hi Tryingtobe

Thanks for the extra info.
It's strange that you had so many symptoms so early on and that they have stopped so suddenly.

However, as far as I am aware, as you have no bleeding or other signs of an actual MC, the chances are that everything is fine.

I had a MC at 8 weeks a couple of years ago. The first sign was that I was bleeding like a period.

If you're worried though, maybe you should go to the doctors.

Tryingtobe Wed 30-Jul-08 13:40:41

Thanks worzsel...Sorry to hear your loss; You are right about intuition...I keep thinking I should be all chilled about it..But without any symptoms I'm finding it hard to reassure myself that all is well. I am prone to anxiety but I am not imagining this! I will call the doc.

Tryingtobe Wed 30-Jul-08 13:41:54

x posts Ruth! Thanks for responding..I will try & get a Drs appointment. I just fel like I need to know!

WorzselMummage Wed 30-Jul-08 13:44:37

Good Luck x

HairyToe Wed 30-Jul-08 13:53:01

Not sure what loss of symptoms means but I'm sure someone else will be able to advise. i do know when I had my missed miscarriage I continued to have symptoms (extreme tiredness, morning sickness) even though the foetus had apparently died at 7 weeks - I din't find out till the 12 week scan.

Can you speak to your midwife-is she sympathetic? Maybe there is a way for you to have another scan just for reassurance?

MKG Wed 30-Jul-08 13:54:13

Hi tryingtobe. Try to relax. With ds2 I lost all symptoms at 8 weeks, and he's 14 months old now, I'm pregnant with #3 (also 8 weeks btw) and having had a symptom since week 3 (before I knew I was pregnant).

Try to relax. Everyone I know in RL has had their early symptoms disappear before 10 weeks.

I hope your Doc's appointment goes well, and you should come see us on the March '09 antenatal thread.

Tryingtobe Wed 30-Jul-08 15:17:31

Thanks for the kind words! I would like a scan if possible...I have a Drs appointment this afternoon; but i don't rate my dr at all. Still, I hope to be over on your thread soon MKG!

daisy5 Thu 31-Jul-08 16:45:02

I went through the same thing. I'm so sorry. It's scary isn't it. In my case it wasn't a happy ending, but it can go both ways, many people told me so.

Really push for a scan. It's the only thing that is going to put your mind at rest, and waiting 4 weeks will be really hard for both and your relationship with the weight of this hanging over you. Say you can't sleep or feel ill because you are so anxious.

I paid privately for around £85 but I'm aware London prices can be much higher.

Good luck. I hope it all works out for you.

BumpVLump Fri 01-Aug-08 18:13:10

How did the Dr's go Tryingto be?
I, also, would really push for a scan as soon as poss and look into doing it privately if they won't...
For your own minds sake. It is AWFUL not knowing.
I had the opposite, my symptoms suddenly got a lot worse, lots of vomiting, feeling shattered after hardly any at all...
and I had a missed miscarriage.
I think in general they say if your symptoms change dramatically at all it could be an indication of a problem.
Make sure you are taking care of yourself.
I have everything crossed for you though, the best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now