Talk

Advanced search

How long did you have to wait for the arrival of AF after a miscarriage?

(10 Posts)
munchiesmama Thu 17-Jul-08 15:14:17

Hi Everyone,

I am currently having my first miscarriage sad Not sure whether to try again straight away or wait a bit..... Anyway just wondered how long it took for your cycle to return to normal?

Thanks in advance for any replies xx

SUSIEHAS Thu 17-Jul-08 15:21:17

Hi hun so sorry about your miscarriage, when I had my first Miscarriage in January AF Came exactly a month after the Miscarriage. I had my second Miscarriage a week ago so I am hoping that AF should be in 3 weeks time unless I am very very lucky and am pregnat again!!! I suppose everyone is different so it could be less or longer for you!!!
Hope you are feeling ok!

munchiesmama Thu 17-Jul-08 15:25:39

Goodness Susie to have one is bad enough, I am so sorry that you have had another one. Here's hoping that you get a sticky bean very soon!

LobstersLass Sun 20-Jul-08 16:45:18

My normal cycle is 27 days. My first period after my miscarriage started 29 days after the the MC started.

Currently having my second MC. Thinking that we'll try again straight away as my age is against me.

munchiesmama Sun 20-Jul-08 19:19:36

Hi LL I was on the due in March 09 thread until just over a week ago, since the miscarriage i have still been lurking in the background (must stop that as it is depressing!), but i have seen your posts. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, I really really hope things arent as bad as you think, the EPU nurse told me that bleeding is common in a third of pregnancies, even if its lots and red it can still be a healthy pregnancy.

LobstersLass Sun 20-Jul-08 20:04:12

Hi munchiesmama, I kept lurking after my April MC too. A terrible habit that I never managed to curtail. Thanks for the good wishes. I'll update the thread once I know what's going on.

daisy5 Mon 21-Jul-08 11:19:41

27 days

daisy5 Mon 21-Jul-08 11:21:29

Check this site out, and there is another link within it.
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/5015/567240

napa Mon 21-Jul-08 19:29:48

the first af after my mmc took 6.5 weeks and since then cycles have been just 27 days (usual for me is 30)

southernbelle77 Thu 24-Jul-08 07:09:59

I am currently waiting (and getting impatient) for af to arrive. It's been almost 6 weeks since my second mc and I just want my body to get back to normal (although not ttc for a while as had 2 mc's in 4 months)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now