Talk

Advanced search

can i use tampons?

(6 Posts)
silvermum Tue 15-Jul-08 09:17:03

i'm having a miscarriage - i was seven weeks pregnant. the blood flow is manageable but i would like to use tampons rather than pads. anyone know if this is okay?

mankyscotslass Tue 15-Jul-08 09:20:09

When I had mine I was told not to use tampons until my next period, they were worried about the risk of infection. hth

lulumama Tue 15-Jul-08 09:20:52

no, for the reasons MSL has said

i am sorry for you loss. (hug)

mankyscotslass Tue 15-Jul-08 09:22:09

Also sad for you. I was 7 weeks when I had mine too.

silvermum Tue 15-Jul-08 14:13:27

thanks all, it's crap...i just didn't see it coming. first pregnancy was straight forward and had some bleeding at around the same time so for four days we thought there was hope...now i know for sure that i've had a m/c rather than wondering what's happening i do feel better. no idea how i'd cope if i have another one but one step at a time....

worrybum Tue 15-Jul-08 15:45:16

Hi Silvermum, sorry for your loss. Don't use tampons in case you also end up with an infection on top of eveything else you have to deal with. When you miscarry your cervix opens more thsn during your menstruation which means you are more prone to infection. Take it easy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now