Talk

Advanced search

TTC after 12 week missed miscarriage

(11 Posts)
BelindaB Mon 14-Jul-08 13:15:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cmotdibbler Mon 14-Jul-08 13:27:42

Hi Belinda. I had 3 mcs (one mmc found at 12 week scan, much like yours, but no bleeding, one at 6 weeks and one at 8 weeks). My cycles were all messed up after mc#1, and I didn't try straightaway. I did after 2 and 3, and got pg immediatly after mc#3 with what turned out to be DS.

The recurrent miscarriage consultant said that if you had a complication free mc, with nothing left behind as confirmed by scan/ERPC, and had completely stopped bleeding, then there was no need at all to wait.

I reckon that I ovulated 2 weeks after the bleeding had stopped.

BTW - you'd really have to fight to get an early scan after one mc ime - but they cost around 75 quid privately, and is actually a better experience too as they are more caring about it.

BelindaB Mon 14-Jul-08 14:06:05

daisy5 Mon 14-Jul-08 14:26:18

Here is a discussion on how soon after a miscarriage to ttc...... http://mumsnet.com/Talk/5015/535326

ladyhelen2 Mon 14-Jul-08 17:32:50

BelindaB,
Gosh, you and I sound like we are in a very similar position! I am also 37.
Although I had a spontaneous mc, it was at 11 weeks. I had a D&C 12 days ago and am now OPKing to see if I am ovulating and am ready to BD as soon as there is a line (it may be through gritted teeth though).
Did you have a D&C?
I got 5o tests off ebay just before I found out I was pg so am quite happy to pee on them every night just in case. One of my close friends is also pg and due in January -3 weeks ahead of when I was due. How are you dealing with your friend? Have you seen her since your mc?
Got to go - am about to leave the office. I'd love to hear from you as we do sound remarkably in similar positions.

BelindaB Mon 14-Jul-08 19:27:23

Ses15 Mon 14-Jul-08 19:38:06

Hi! I had a mmc in April. I had an ERPC on 16th April. Then on 17th May realised I was getting suspicious symptoms of tiredness and weeing more so did a hpt which showed a BFP. Wasn't sure whether it was a true +ve or still hormones left over from mmc as had had no period after bleeding from ERPC stopped and hadn't had a follow up scan or hpt.
I never got an answer as to whether it was still "retained product" or a second mmc. Had a 2nd ERPC on 23rd June. All v frustrating and decided to wait before ttc. I did have follow up scan (which gave the all clear) and did a hpt which was a BFN on 7th July. Only problem is that I think I've had my period but it was only 2 weeks after ERPC and was only 3-4 days long when normally I am 6-7 days.
Not sure if I've helped with my post but just thought I'd share my experience and also didn't know whether anyone had any ideas on my current situation...

BelindaB Mon 14-Jul-08 22:14:02

ladyhelen2 Tue 15-Jul-08 09:01:32

Right, back in the office now so catching up with posts.
Its a minefield this isn't it? I am ready to TTC straight away but am waiting to see if I get a +ve OPK first. If I don't get one, well, its just a waiting game till I do.
I also had a spontanous mc in February at 9 weeks with no D&C, and we conceived again about the beginning of May. Last period before conceiving was 16th APril so it only took 8 to 10 weeks. I've been told that a D&C "ripens" your womb, that is that its cleared out by the D&C ready and willing to receive the next egg. I've heard lots of stories of women conceiving quickly after a D&C so am anxious to "use" this!
On the pg friend subject, I was supposed to meet mine last night. I had told her that I was having difficulty seeing her so soon but I hoped nearly 2 weeks would be enough time. It wasn't and I cancelled. I came back to work yesterday, to be told that one of the secretaries here is pg (unplanned) and I have really struggled with that. I couldn't deal with 2 pg ladies in one day so I bottled it. Its jealousy plain and simple. Why couldn't this one have been a stayer?????(Tis my third mc on the trot).

BelindaB Tue 15-Jul-08 15:16:57

Ses15 Tue 15-Jul-08 23:02:00

Hi Belinda!

I think an ERPC is a bit like a d&c. They remove the "retained products" under general anaesthetic via a suction tube. Sounds so great doesn't it??!! Apparently they can only check the tissue to see if it is pregnancy tissue but can't date it - hence they don't know whether I had a 2nd mc or if it was still retained product that hadn't been removed from the 1st ERPC. It was all a bit confusing as my HCG levels were still fairly high but dropping.

After 2nd ERPC, I was advised to do hpt after 2 weeks.

It is a really sad time and unfortunately not everyone understands how significant a loss mc can be. Also not everyone knows you're pg in the first place!

Hope you all have a good day tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now