Talk

Advanced search

true miscarriage?

(5 Posts)
d4nnl Fri 11-Jul-08 13:35:30

my best friend had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago now, and she said she needed a D+C but, she keeps telling me they wont give her one yet, because they want to see if the baby will come away by itself. are the doccors allowed to leave you 5 WEEKS without a d+c?

worrybum Fri 11-Jul-08 13:52:33

d4nnl unfortunately this is often the case for a lot of women experiencing miscarriage. With my third mc I ended up bleeding for 8 weeks before they gave me an ERPC. The main thing is whether she is receiving the appropriate aftercare if she has not had a complete miscarriage. does she have a follow up appointment?

WorzselMummage Fri 11-Jul-08 14:34:08

That is disgusting.

I had to wait 5 days wfter finding out our baby had died to have a ERPC and it was the worst 5 days of my life. There no way anyone should be forced to wait 5 weeks if they don't want to.

i have had 2 evacuations following Mc and they were both done within the week.

surely any longer than that, if your bleeding, is a significant infection risk, i was told the only reason i was alwed to go 5 days was because i wasnt bleeding so there was no way for bacteria to get in.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sat 12-Jul-08 09:24:10

I can't imagine that. It's shocking how care varies across the country. I got a D%C the same day I found out I mcd - which was the day after I went to the GP with bleeding. Mercifully quick.

d4nnl Thu 17-Jul-08 12:54:23

she was getting no care whatsoever, nothing at all. she said it eventually came away after itself 5 weeks after it happened, but i still am unsure wether to believe her or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now