Talk

Advanced search

Just got BFP and keen to avoid another mc. Any tips?

(6 Posts)
montym Fri 11-Jul-08 07:32:38

I have just found out I am pregnant again, although it is VERY early days yet. Having had 3 mc already I am keen to avoid another one. Anyone have any suggestions, beaing in mind I have dd age 4 and a full time job! I have already cut out alcohol and don't smoke so that is a start.

kd73 Fri 11-Jul-08 07:35:11

Congratulations Montym grin. Unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can do, its luck of the draw sadly.

I have had 2 mc and am now 17 wks into my 3rd pg (no other children). I didn't do anything different!

Good luck and hopefully all will be well!

iMum Fri 11-Jul-08 07:35:36

I dont think there is anything you can do as such, if its gonna happen it will but you may feel better about things if you do as much as you can right, like cutting out alcohol and not smoking. Good luck.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 11-Jul-08 07:39:51

There's bugger all you can do apart from the obvious - avoiding food poisoning and not taking any medications that might compromise the pregnancy.

I've lost two, kept two and while in retrospect I could have told you that the two that died wouldn't have made it because it just felt different, at the time, I probably was none the wiser. Sorry.

But congratulations because you've done the first essential step so now you just have to wait a few weeks.

BabyFever Fri 11-Jul-08 07:40:19

I went for weekly acupuncture sessions when I fell pregnant again after a miscarriage - obviously I can't prove it kept me pregnant - but I'm due in 3 months and have had a problem free pregnancy so far.

Congratulations by the way!

downbutnotout Fri 11-Jul-08 21:47:39

After my 3 unexplained mcs I was told by my consultant to take 1 75mg aspirin every day from the time of bfp, which I have duly done. I have had scans at 7 and 10 weeks and everything is fine so far, so I am reasonably confident about this one as the others did not live this long.

However, a few facts: even after three miscarriages the chances of the next pregancy resulting in a live birth is 60% so it could be chance everything is fine for me now. Also, even my consultant admitted that there was no clinical reason that the aspirin would help me, it was just worth a try. Finally, obviously you should not contemplate takling any drug in early pregnancy without consulting a health professional first as there may be contraindications in your case.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now