Talk

Advanced search

Chemical Pregnancy

(6 Posts)
Jacanne Thu 03-Jul-08 11:38:00

Hi

We've been ttc for a few months. I tested the day after my period was due and got a faint positive - the next 2 tests were negative and 3 days later I've started to bleed.

I just wanted to know if this will just be like a normal period - will my cycle afterwards be disrupted or will I get my next period at the same time?

I have had a later miscarriage and had a 6 week cycle following that. Does any one have any experience of a CP that they don't mind sharing.

Thanks

HairyToe Thu 03-Jul-08 12:03:46

I had a Chemical Pregnancy in March - tested positive a couple of times then my period arrived one day late. It was just like a normal period - if I hadn't tested early I'd never have known.

My cycle wasn't disrupted - I didn't have another period as I went on to fall pregnant, but I know I ovulated not more than two weeks after the 'CP' period as we didn't have sex after day 13. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in a mmc diagnosed 3 weeks ago. I have no reason to think the CP and the mmc were related in any way and the doctors say no and they're both just bad luck.

Jacanne Thu 03-Jul-08 19:02:58

Thanks HT - very sorry to hear about your mmc - I had one of those and it wasn't pleasant. Hope you have goodluck next time

monkeybumsmum Thu 03-Jul-08 20:24:05

Hi Jacanne,

Sorry to hear about your CP. I had one a couple of years ago. The only reason I knew was because I just happened to go to the gynaecologist about not getting pg, she did an internal scan and found a sac. I started bleeding the next day sad.

The bleeding lasted 13 days in total, and I assumed that my body would be all over the place so we stopped ttc. Funnily enough we conceived anyway, and my DS is now asleep upstairs smile. I have no idea when I ov'd so I can't be much help with regard to when my period would have been due, sorry.

Hope you're luckier next time round...

Jossiejump Sat 12-Jul-08 22:55:06

Hi I had a CP following 2 previous mcs over the year before it. My cycle went straight back on track, conceived DS3 (now 7 months old) on day 17 after cp, which was my normal ovulation time.

sharklet Tue 15-Jul-08 12:22:40

I've had one too - my cycle went back to normal straight away - it doesn't make you feel any better though.

Hugs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now