Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage

(10 Posts)
Horseybuttons9321 Sat 14-Nov-20 14:23:17

I went for a scan today as I was being impatient hoping to see a 10week scan picture but the sack was empty . I have been referred to the early pregnancy unit .... I’m not sure what will happen no or anything

OP’s posts: |
ShinyBadger Sun 15-Nov-20 17:38:12

Hi, sorry your going through this. EPU will rescan you, depending on where you went and if you have a report and the size of the sac they may scan you twice 7-14 days apart.
I can’t tell you the next bit as I am going back tomorrow for my second scan to confirm mines a miscarriage which I know it is. They said that I may have some bleeding in the meantime but I have had the lights of spotting today for an hour.
When I have had my confirmation scan tomorrow I can let you know what they offer.
Hope your ok.

Horseybuttons9321 Sun 15-Nov-20 18:16:59

Will they need to scan again if it’s a empty sac at 10 weeks as I have had a little blood today and I really don’t want to do this naturally sad I don’t want to go through the pain of waiting when I no there’s nothing there all my pregnancy symptoms have gone as well

Rumples Sun 15-Nov-20 20:54:00

It really does depend on the size of the sac. At a certain size they can say it's definitely a miscarriage even though they know it will be.

Mine was just under the threshold so I had to go back for them to confirm but they said to expect the worst.

Sorry you're going through this, hope you get seen to soon!

Rm232 Mon 16-Nov-20 19:15:07

@Horseybuttons9321 sorry to hear what you are going through, I went through the same thing 3 weeks ago the pain and heartache is still raw.

I was called in for a re scan a week later just to double check they were not missing anything.

After the re scan which confirmed nothing has changed, I was taken to the the miscarriage nursery who went through the options.

1. Wait to miscarry naturally
2. Tablets which helps with the miscarriage
3. Surgical management (small operation to remove the tissues)

I opted for the surgical management, the whole procedure took 30 mins from the general anaesthetic, operation and waking up in recovery.

They were really good with me and the turn around was extremely fast.

I went for my re scan on Monday had the surgery Wednesday morning first thing.

My thoughts are with you xxx

Horseybuttons9321 Mon 16-Nov-20 19:23:09

@Rm232 Iv been for a scan today and I was bleeding nothings changed still just the sac there but they want to rescan next Monday . I’m passing little clots at the moment. Feel so alone as I live with my parents who don’t know only my sister knows but doesn’t live here .

Rm232 Mon 16-Nov-20 19:28:45

@Horseybuttons9321when you go for a re scan next Monday, the miscarriage nurse will speak to you after the scan and hopefully go through all the options available.

It is a very tough time and you feel your life is on hold.

I felt a lot better after my rescan and wanted it all over with.

Samueljames19 Mon 16-Nov-20 21:56:07

Hi i have gone through ivf went for 9 week scan to be told baby stopped growing so had medical miscarriage 2 weeks ago. Had cramping and bleeding but last couple of days had abdominal pain but different to cramping, hip ache and back ache. Went for a scan at early pregnancy unit today as was concerned and they said everything looked ok no retained tissue. Wee sample showed negative pregnancy. Im concerned these pains are something else and not due to miscarriage or maybe they are who knows x

Rm232 Tue 17-Nov-20 18:34:47

@Samueljames19 so sorry to hear about your loss x

I have lower back pain and really bad cramps after the surgical management, I was told it’s the uterus getting back into shape.

Horseybuttons9321 Wed 18-Nov-20 20:44:47

I’m currently bleeding and passing clots but I’m scared to go to sleep incase I bleed through the pad , I live with my parents who don’t no anything sad my sister said I can go to hers but it would be strange as I never stay there

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in