Talk

Advanced search

Heartbroken: miscarriage after successful scan with heartbeat

(5 Posts)
Claraa2018 Tue 10-Nov-20 14:23:09

Dear all, I just am looking for some stories of hope. After doing a frozen IVF cycle, I just had a traumatic miscarriage at almost 9 weeks pregnant. This was after a scan two weeks ago which showed a healthily developing pregnancy and a heartbeat. I am so heartbroken. I had another scan which confirmed the miscarriage is 'complete'. We have one child from a previous frozen cycle and a missed miscarriage with my first IVF. That one never developed a heartbeat and required a D and C but was less of a shock in a way. I have endometriosis and this makes me even less confident about the future. Has anyone else experienced something similar and had a healthy pregnancy afterwards? I keep replaying things in my head that I could have done differently, e.g. lifting my child and being too active, even though I know that's not helpful and we were overly careful if anything. Just looking for some positive stories as we tried so hard with this one (also had cancelled cycles before this and I am in my late thirties). Thank you all.

OP’s posts: |
TaVeryMuchLove Wed 18-Nov-20 23:13:35

I’m so sorry you have been through this. My second FET resulted in a MMC at 12 weeks. We already had a DS from our first round and, to be honest, without him I think I’d have really struggled to get through it. We went on to have a third FET and DS2 is now 13 weeks old. Your MC was not your fault, it was nothing you did. X

Daphnesmate04 Sat 21-Nov-20 20:50:59

I am so sorry you have experienced this, I'm really sorry for your loss.
I have not had IVF but was told after DC 1 that I was unlikely to have any further children without treatment (low ovarian reserve). I lost a little boy and found out at 20 week scan, a moment that will stay with me forever. I also looked for reasons for his death and blamed myself - that it was something I did or didn't do, eventually that feeling faded. Fast forward, I had my last dc a month before my 44th birthday.

Claraa2018 Tue 24-Nov-20 11:35:14

Thank you so much. I am so sorry this happened to you at 20 weeks. That must have been so heartbreaking. I've felt very broken but I am trying to stay hopeful about trying again. I am so glad you had your DC! That is really wonderful and is the light at the end of the tunnel.xx

Claraa2018 Tue 24-Nov-20 11:37:49

@TaVeryMuchLove and @Daphnesmate04, thank you both for your very kind and encouraging comments. I have felt so broken and reply everything in my head and this means a lot. I am so glad you both had children after your losses. This is so wonderful is the light at the end of the tunnel.xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in